We are looking for a Senior Programmer to join our Game Technology team in Wilmslow. The Game Technology team is part of the Engine Room Department, and is responsible for creating and maintaining the nuts and bolts that glue our award winning games together.
You will be working with every platform conceivable, from hand-held devices, through desktop computers to consoles both current and next generation. Because of this, you will be using a wide variety of development environments and programming languages and tackling technical challenges of every sort. No day will be the same, and you won't be bored!
During your day you will be working with all the internal development departments in Traveller's Tales: the game programmers, the low level renderer programmers, the artists and designers who produce the amazing content that makes our games alive, the production team who manage the process and the publishers who get our games out to the public. Finally, but not least, you will liaise with the platform holders to resolve technical challenges and overcome any submission problems that come with the fast pace of the console and hand held market.
You will be expected to get involved with all aspects of the Traveller's Tales code base to ensure each programming department works effectively together. For that reason, you will need to have experience with working with large code bases and be able to understand other people's code quickly. Particular areas of expertise would be helpful in rendering, tools, networking/online, resource management, console platform compliance (TRC) and level streaming.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Demonstrable games industry experience including several shipped titles.
- Ability to think creatively to solve complex coding problems.
- A good degree in Computer Science, Math or Physics or related subject (2.i or above) or equivalent experience.
- Fluent in C++ and object oriented programming.
- A structured approach to programming with the desire to write clean, well commented, documented and maintainable code.
- A focus developing robust and stable code, while maximising re-use.
- A positive can do attitude coupled with the ability to get things done.
A strong candidate will also have one or more of the following:
- Experience programming consoles at a low-level on PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, iOS, Android, PC or MacOS.
- Experience with server frameworks such as; Amazon AWS or Microsoft Azure.
- Understanding of machine architecture.
- Strong 3D math skills.
- Strong debugging skills in a multi-threaded / multi-core environment.
- The ability to analyse and optimise algorithms for efficiency.
- Knowledge of C#, Python, SQL, Java.
To apply, plese email a covering letter and CV to Vicky MacMillan, Recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org