Travellers Tales in Knutsford are looking for a talented individual to join The Model Team. The team work on all studio projects and require a Senior Designer/Artist as principal point of contact for an upcoming project.
Candidates must have a passion for LEGO and will need an excellent knowledge of existing LEGO sets and elements. The full-time position involves supporting the Team Lead and assigned Technical Artists/Model Designers by communicating up and down information, as well as being an inspirational Designer/Artist within their own right.
Apply now to work on awesome models with the team that brought you Eson the Searcher, The Damocles, Joker Robot, Storm Giants, GLaDOS and much much more.
Main responsibilities include:
- Support the Lead in attaining a high standard of work, both technically and creatively.
- Support the team in ensuring project tasks are organised and managed effectively.
- Provide coaching to the team where appropriate and with direction from the Lead.
- To assist the Lead when directed, in tackling conceptual ideas and helping to define new standards in visuals, tools and pipeline.
- Ensure a high benchmark is set and retained for artistic results, delivery of milestones, encouraging effective communication and a professional attitude towards Lead directives.
- Assume responsibility for ensuring assigned work adheres to specific LEGO Co. design style/direction and game engine requirements.
- The design and creation of LEGO models for use in game and cinematic sequences.
- The design and creation of decals and new LEGO elements.
- Provide feedback on the quality and legitimacy of LEGO models produced by the wider LEGO Construction teams.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Highly skilled in the realisation of LEGO Model Designs.
- Excellent knowledge of LEGO themes, elements, connections and advanced building techniques.
- Experience in Autodesk Maya & Adobe Photoshop.
- Excellent communication, organisation and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Practical and methodical approach to both technical and creative problem-solving.
- Demonstrates dependability and commitment to projects / tasks.
- Flexible approach and ability to work under pressure towards strict deadlines.
- Excellent understanding of relevant in-house tools and software used in development.
- English verbal and written skills are required to fulfil the requirements of the job.
- Solid understanding of game production and overall pipeline methodology.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Relevant degree or equivalent completed education in a relevant field is preferable.
- Technical and visual skills with an understanding of art and design within game development environment.
- Up to date knowledge of the latest LEGO titles in development.
- Experience in Adobe Illustrator and Substance Painter.
- Experience in LDD (http://ldd.lego.com/en-us/) with examples of work.
- Understanding of the topological requirements for both static and deforming models.
- Understanding of game industry standards, conventions, and formats to enable successful completion of work.
To apply, please email a Covering Letter, CV and examples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org