Travellers Tales in Knutsford are looking for a talented individual to join The Model Team. The team work on all studio projects and require a Senior Designer/Artist as principal Point of Contact for an upcoming project.
Candidates must have a passion for LEGO and will need an excellent knowledge of existing LEGO sets and elements. The full-time position involves supporting the Team Lead and assigned Technical Artists/Model Designers by communicating up and down information, as well as being an inspirational Designer/Artist within their own right.
Apply now to work on awesome models with the team that brought you Eson the Searcher, The Damocles, Joker Robot, Storm Giants, GLaDOS and much much more.
Main responsibilities include:
- Support the Lead in attaining a high standard of work, both technically and creatively.
- Support the team in ensuring project tasks are organised and managed effectively.
- Provide coaching to the team where appropriate and with direction from the Lead.
- To assist Lead when directed in tackling conceptual ideas and helping to define new standards in visuals, tools and pipeline.
- Ensure a high benchmark is set and retained for artistic results, delivery of milestones, encouraging effective communication and a professional attitude towards Lead directives.
- Assume responsibility for ensuring assigned work adheres to specific LEGO Co. design style/direction and game engine requirements.
- Setup of LEGO models to adhere to game engine physics requirements including vehicles.
- The setup and implementation of LEGO models and vehicles for use in game and cinematic sequences.
- The setup and implementation of new LEGO elements.
- Optimisation of models and vehicles to work across multiple platforms.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Relevant degree or equivalent level qualification.
- Knowledge of LEGO themes, elements, connections and building techniques.
- Excellent working knowledge and proficiency in Autodesk Maya & Adobe Photoshop.
- Technically aware of the requirements of rigging.
- Excellent communication, organisation and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Practical and methodical approach to both technical and creative problem-solving.
- Demonstrates dependability and commitment to projects / tasks.
- Flexible approach and ability to work under pressure towards strict deadlines.
- Excellent understanding of relevant in-house tools and software used in development.
- English verbal and written skills are required to fulfil the requirements of the job.
- Solid understanding of game production and overall pipeline methodology.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- An Interest in pipeline and process.
- Experienced in the realization of LEGO Model Designs.
- Experience in MEL or Python scripting.
- Knowledge of vehicle physics and handling with a game engine.
- Up to date knowledge of the latest LEGO titles in development.
- Experience in Adobe Illustrator, Substance Painter and/or Simplygon.
- Experience in LDD (http://ldd.lego.com/en-us/) with examples of work.
- Understanding of the topological requirements for both static and deforming models.
- Understanding of industry standards, conventions, and formats to enable successful completion of work.
To apply, please email a Covering Letter, CV and examples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org