Future Games of London is an independent studio that designs, develops and publishes Smartphone and Tablet games. Founded in September 2009, FGOL create wholly owned and original IP which by October 2017 had achieved over 500 million downloads worldwide following the success of Hungry Shark Evolution. The long-awaited Hungry Shark World, which was released May 2016 is already a smashing success with over 50 million downloads worldwide.
The ideal candidate:
Reporting to the Community Developer and with overall responsibility for 1 or more games, the Community Manager will manage chat sessions, live events and all other online community related activity (livestreams, competitions…).
The Community Manager will be fully responsible for managing conversations on community channels in particular Facebook, Twitter, blogs, YouTube, in close collaboration with the Marketing and the Live-Ops team.
The Community Manager is responsible for monitoring the community channels to communicate and to engage, excite, and trouble shoot, with the ultimate goal to drive traffic, engagement, brand loyalty and influence our customers to become active Hungry Shark ambassadors.
- Support the Community Developer in the creation of compelling marketing communications to acquire, engage, and excite game fans, aligned with the overall brand strategy.
- Monitoring and driving conversations on all Social Media, in particular Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube, as well as on the app stores.
- Publish and potentially create content on our brand websites.
- Design and deploy in-game community management features (FAQs, tips & tricks).
- Identify and engage with high value customers, rewarding valuable players for spending time in the game/community.
- Work with the Community Developer, Brand Managers and the Live-Ops team to develop, update and execute community engagement calendar.
- Support the Marketing team in the execution of cross-promotions across games and channels.
- Deliver regular community updates to the business, informing of community sentiment and player focused campaign performance.
- Provide qualitative and quantitative feedback based on A/B testing, consumer insights through online surveys, close monitoring of community channels and app stores reviews.
- Demo products at various tradeshows and press events if necessary.
Skills and Experience
- 2 years +experience working in mobile or social games, interactive entertainment, digital/social media, community/content management, and/or online gaming.
- Experience in marketing / promotions / PR, in running a fan site, in participating in an online gaming clan, guild or in a forum moderation experience are assets.
- Extensive knowledge of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, blogs, Youtube, Pinterest, etc.);
- Native English speaker (a knowledge of other languages would be a strong plus)
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to present complex information in a simple format
- Flexibility to deal with changes and pressure.
- Experience managing Facebook fan page, website, forum, Search or other online outbound marketing content.
- Basic technical skills, such as HTML, Photoshop, knowledge of back-office tools for Web or Social Media.
- Ability to analyse game metrics, interpret data, and provide recommendations.
- Highly organized, proactive, and a positive attitude.
- Passion for interactive marketing and gaming.
Team-focused, enthusiastic, organised, creative, committed, with a sense of humour, open-minded, positive, proactive, self-motivated.