Sumo Digital is one of the UK's most prolific and secure independent game developers with a talented team of over 290 staff currently based in Sheffield. A second UK studio in Nottingham opened in March 2016 and has rapidly grown to a 50+ strong team with many fantastic new opportunities on the horizon.
Since our inception in 2003 we have had a string of successful titles across all gaming platforms for partners that include Microsoft, SEGA, Sony, Disney and many more.
Our most recent successes include Forza Horizon 2 (Xbox 360), LittleBigPlanet 3 (PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 3), Disney Infinity 3.0 Toy Box Speedway (multi-platform) , and our first self-published title Snake Pass (multi-platform) . We are also incredibly proud to be working on the highly anticipated Crackdown 3 (Xbox One), Dead Island 2 (multi-platform ) and Project Nova plus several other exciting but currently unannounced projects.
2017 will be Sumo's biggest and best year ever. Come and be part of it.
Role and Purpose
The Associate Producer assists the production team with the day-to-day running of projects, working with and helping manage the game team throughout the development process, ensuring the timely delivery of the highest quality product possible.
- Setup and run daily Scrums, highlighting and resolving any dependencies or blockers
- Track the work of the Scrum teams to ensure timely delivery of Sprints and Milestones
- Assist in the day-to-day man management of the development team
- Pro-actively identify project risks and conflicts and work with production and leads to resolve them
- Participate in Sprint and Milestone planning sessions, contribute to milestone definition process, weekly reports and provide regular status updates
- Manage internal meetings, helping create the agendas, running logistics and taking concise and accurate notes during the meetings, circulating the minutes and generating and following up on actions items
- Facilitating overtime and client visits to include organisation of meals and drinks as required
- Follow through on tasks, show initiative and demonstrate critical thinking skills when performing all aspects of the role
Skills Experience and Qualifications
- A passion for games and a good understanding of how they are made
- Experience of working successfully within a team environment producing at least one published title, ideally on console
- At least two years in the games industry within a production/project management role
- Proficiency with traditional scheduling tools, such as Excel, MS Project, Jira, Hansoft, TFS
- Outstanding organisational and project management skills
- Superior attention to detail and high standards of work
- Strong communications skills, particularly verbal and written language
- Good man-management skills
- Knowledge of both Agile and Waterfall methodologies - Scrum Certification desirable
- Degree-level educated
Demonstrated Ability To:
- A 'can do' attitude and a desire to deliver above and beyond
- Able to learn new skills quickly
- To take direction and criticism, be receptive to mentoring
- Be proactive/self-motivated
- Work and respond well to pressure and change
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and prioritise effectively
- Think critically and apply analytical problem solving in resolving complex issues
- Professionalism and the ability to function well within a team
What We Offer
We offer a super benefits package including generous holidays, flexitime and excellent employee benefits. Further perks include our legendary annual Sumo Big Day Out, plus epic Christmas parties, money on your birthday, on site free gym and free fruit for everyone! Our new, regular studio Game Jams are a highlight - staff spend a full day developing and pitching their own game ideas for possible development by Sumo.
Our environment is relaxed, friendly and built upon the basis of every team member having the opportunity to shine and have a realisable input into the games we create. We are a very happy ship with lots of incredibly nice people that partake in shared interest groups, lunchtime clubs, charity fundraising events and lots of socialising.
We are proud to be located in Sheffield, just off J34 of the M1 offering easy road and rail access from Leeds, Manchester and the Midlands. Sheffield itself enjoys wealth of facilities including world class sporting facilities, stunning theatres and galleries, shopping, restaurants and incredible parks and green spaces - all on the doorstep of the beautiful Peak District National Park. We love it here.
Please apply via the Apply Now button or click Email this job to a friend to refer someone you know.
For a confidential chat about this role please call our Recruitment Team on +44 (0)114 2426766.