DEVOPS SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR (BIG DATA)
Information Technology | Montréal, Québec, Canada
Job Summary: Administer all technical aspects of the company’s web and online gaming cloud infrastructure throughout the business with a strong focus on service delivery and big data processing
• Design, install and maintain big data analytics platform;
• Manage public and private cloud infrastructure;
• Support the analytics team requests for specialised solutions;
• Troubleshooting and performance tuning of analytic jobs;
• Maintain and improve system automation and management tools;
• Administer and manage the web and online gaming server environment globally;
• Work alongside the system administrators located at other sites;
• Monitor online services and take necessary actions to ensure SLAs are met or exceeded;
• Monitor system health and security;
• Create system, process and workflow documentations;
• Provide technical support towards all aspect of the infrastructure and help developers in debugging, troubleshooting and optimizing online software components and tools;
• Work with agile delivery teams to ensure build management, automated testing and software deployment;
• Work closely with hosting companies and datacentres to improve the service delivery throughout the business;
• Take proactive approach in identifying and alleviating capacity planning issues and bottlenecks, forecast resource requirements;
• Provide high quality support of the infrastructure and liaise with the other 3rd level support teams regarding networking, server and storage issues;
• Script, manage, configure and tailor monitoring solutions and respond to incidents.
Experience and qualifications
• Working in production public cloud environment;
• Experience in building and managing big data processing pipelines in a production environment;
• Experience with managing both SQL and noSQL systems;
• in-depth knowledge and management experience with AWS and GCP automation pipelines and serverless architectures;
• Strong Linux system administration background;
• System automization experience regarding deployment and configuration management.
• Experience in writing, debugging and troubleshooting analytics jobs, map/reduce jobs, spark jobs in python/scala/java;
• Hands-on experience with more of the following components: hadoop, elesticsearch, impala, spark, hue, apache, nginx, mysql, redis, postgres, mongodb, haproxy;
• Experience in designing/managing highly available systems, distributed systems, clustering;
• Managing monitoring and alerting systems, central logging, log analytics, backup and archive solutions.
• Hadoop admin certification;
• AWS/GCP certification: DevOps/SysOps/Architect;
• Linux certificates Ubuntu/RedHat;
• Active involvement in cloud auto-scaling solution development;
• Data proection, encyrption experience;
• Experience in continuous integration/continuous delivery;
• In-depth Puppet/Chef/Ansible knowledge;
• Hybrid cloud experience with scale out to public cloud;
• Working with high traffic web applications and dynamic scaling;
• Experience with any of prometheus, grafana, kibana, icinga, observer, cacti, logstash, rsyslog, graylog
• In-depth knowledge of big data processing solutions, architectures, system components;
• Solid network troubleshooting experience;
• Interest in working towards a high quality, finding the right solutions, following best practices;
• Strong focus on business outcomes and a service provider attitude.
• Experience with data protection regulations, PCI;
• Understanding of encryption solutions;
• Performance tuning and optimization of analytics jobs;
• Experience with real-time analytics and machine learning.
• Ability to work in a team, create well organized documentation, follow procedures.
• Comfortable with open communication
• Available to work out of office hours and remote
• Interest in video games, online gaming.
• Open for potential 24/7 support in the future if required