The Games Division is in charge of publishing world class free-to-play online service based games and accountable for the performance of all games in the Gameforge portfolio. As part of our team you will support this mission through the steering of one or multiple of our products, including Metin2, Nostale, Ogame, Elsword, Tera, Aion, Ikarim, etc.
Tasks to inspire:
• Take care that Gameforge portfolio runs in a most profitable way
• Accountability for optimization of the P&L for the games over the full product lifecyle from "Live Operation" to "Shutdown"
• Accountability for Milestone Approval of the development of the games, the Production Schedule and Payments for external Development
• Set a product strategy, forecast and plan to drive business results for the games through continuous planning that optimizes retention & engagement, revenue potential, cost and resource allocation, with a careful eye toward long term sustainable growth and positive brand perception, to the greatest benefit for Gameforge
• Define the sales strategy for the games, have an eye for high quality sales asserts, try out new and innovative promotions to maximize the sales efforts for the games
• Advocate innovative solutions in budget and resource planning cycles to maximize transparency and optimize resource allocation
• Work in close cooperation with Marketing Management to identify the best Marketing Strategy and Plan for the given state of the game
• Work with the Data Analysis Team & Live Game Design Team in the Games Division to, derive measures and generate concepts for the improvement of the games and their KPIs (e.g. Funnel analysis, Retention metrics, Payer Share, Shop Features, etc.)
• Prepare business decisions for the acquisition of new products by building business cases, planning of the project budget and cost in collaboration with all relevant departments and presenting those opportunities to the Executive Board
• Making sure the game is checking all legal requirements for the operation in different countries (Age rating, Data security protection, etc.)
Qualifications to convince:
• A minimum of 3 years in product management with experience managing at least one successful title through key phrases of its life cycle
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience; MBA or other relevant higher degree a plus
• Proficiency in English, written and oral is required & German, written and oral is a plus
• Recognized business experience with P&L accountability for a AAA game project
• Strong leadership skills & experience
• Decision-making and conflict management skills are needed, as well as having a high stress tolerance
• Outstanding communication, project management and relationship-building skills
A company to connect:
• A position of responsibility in one of the most creative and exciting industries around
• Fantastic working environment loaded with extras (e.g. games room, massages)
• Free breakfast, lunch, drinks and fruit - purchased from local suppliers!
• The ability to be flexible with working hours
• An enormous range of influence with millions of players in dozens of countries
With more than 20 titles and over 450 million registered players, Gameforge is the leading provider of free-to-play massively multiplayer online games (MMOs) in the western hemisphere. Headquartered in Karlsruhe, Germany, the group offers its games in more than 75 countries. Their portfolio includes a bundle of established gaming industry brands, including client-based titles such as award-winning role-playing game AION Free-to-Play and TERA as well as Europe's most successful MMO, Metin2. In future, the varied offering will be expanded by action-rich Anime MMORPG SoulWorker; Popular browser-based games such as OGame and Ikariam complete their offering. More information available at http://corporate.gameforge.com/ .