Reflections, a Ubisoft studio is a video games development company based in Newcastle, UK. Collaborating with Ubisoft's international creative teams on projects such as Assassins Creed Syndicate, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, online open-world RPG "The Division" as well as the adventure platformer "Grow Home". With a host of other top titles to our name such as open-world action adventure 'Watch Dogs', MMO racer "The Crew" and the latest instalment in the world's No.1 dance game franchise 'Just Dance 2015' Reflections' objective is to combine technical expertise, flair and innovation to create and contribute to successful and memorable games. We are looking for Pioneering, Obsessive Humans to cement its reputation as an industry leading studio within the UK and the world.
Support the Art Director in the implementation of the artistic vision to the project and carry out preliminary reviews of the elements produced by the art team.
• Help to establish the artistic vision for their trade through web searches and analyses in collaboration with the Art Director;
• Regularly communicate expectations in terms of the artistic content and quality to the team by referring members to documents and visual references whenever necessary in an effort to support the Art Director;
• Communicate the quality and content expectations for the atmospheres, settings, characters, etc. to team members using effective visual references and documents that describe the artistic direction;
• Follow up on and validate the work of the art team to ensure that the elements produced are in line with the game's vision and that quality objectives are met;
• Coordinate the preliminary validation of the elements produced based on the artistic vision or follow up on and validate the data produced by their working unit so it meets the standards set out in the artistic vision;
• Participate and be an active contributor of the Art Board, a studio level initiative where all Art Leads discuss the requests and needs of their artists at a high level;
• Regularly inform the Art Director on the advancement of the work to be done by their team to ensure that the Art Director is able to assess the progress of the deliverables;
• Carry out all other related tasks.
Skills and Knowledge
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
• In-depth knowledge of modeling techniques;
• In-depth knowledge of texture mapping and material;
• Good knowledge of streaming and LOD systems linked to the engine;
• Good working knowledge 2D and 3D software packages;
• In-depth knowledge of particle driven effects and shader systems in a readily available industry standard game engine such as Unreal, Unity and CryEngine;
• Understanding of game and level design;
• Originality and resourcefulness in problem solving;
• Notion of visual story telling;
• Up-to-date knowledge on current trends in visual communication;
• Strong working knowledge of Perforce or similar industry standard version management software.
• Bachelor's Degree in Art, Graphics Production any other relevant training;
• 2 - 4 years' experience as an artist or other relevant experience;
• Experience working with various game engines is desirable;
• Experience in the video games industry is preferred.
Salary: Competitive + Relocation
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, U.K
Opening date: 8th December 2017
Closing date for applications: 7th January 2018
Reflections reserves the right to close this advert earlier than the closing date indicated should we feel we have received sufficient applications.