Reflections, a Ubisoft studio is a video games development company based in Newcastle, UK. Collaborating with Ubisoft's international creative teams on projects such as Assassins Creed Syndicate, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, online open-world RPG "The Division" as well as the adventure platformer "Grow Home". With a host of other top titles to our name such as open-world action adventure 'Watch Dogs', MMO racer "The Crew" and the latest instalment in the world's No.1 dance game franchise 'Just Dance 2015' Reflections' objective is to combine technical expertise, flair and innovation to create and contribute to successful and memorable games. We are looking for Pioneering, Obsessive Humans to cement its reputation as an industry leading studio within the UK and the world.
The Senior Animator creates high quality animation for videogame features and delivers work that can be successfully integrated into the game engine, taking the technological constraints, schedule and artistic direction into account.
- To work as part of a multi-disciplinary, multi-studio development team to design, prototype and develop AAA quality video games on consoles and PC
- To create high quality animation content for real-time and interactive game features that meets artistic, technical and gameplay requirements.
- To support the Lead Animator and Production staff in the planning, estimation, scheduling and production of animation features as required, helping to ensure they are delivered on time and to high levels of quality.
- To support the Lead Animator in providing feedback and support to junior members of staff and participate in regular reviews of the work of the animation team on a group and individual basis
- To collaborate with the Lead Animator and Animation Director to ensure that animation content meets the expectations of quality, consistency and style
- Occasional travel to collaborating studios and facilities in the UK and overseas may be required
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent animation skills and ability to apply them to video game development
- Experience working with high-fidelity motion capture and realistic, dynamic human movement advantageous
- Strong practical understanding and ability to create and edit animation graph / node systems (similar to UDK, Cry Engine, Morpheme) would be a great asset
- An eye for detail and a passion for design, creativity and quality is essential;
- Collaborative, enthusiastic and supportive attitude combined with flexibility and ability to adapt to rapid change
- Task driven, self-motivated, strong time management skills;
- Excellent communication skills are essential; with the ability to volunteer ideas and solutions and communicate professionally and comfortably across all levels of the Ubisoft business
Salary: Competitive + Relocation
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, U.K
Opening date: 3rd November 2017
Closing date for applications: 2nd December 2017
Reflections reserves the right to close this advert earlier than the closing date indicated should we feel we have received sufficient applications.