Create high quality artistic content for the project in respect of technical constraints and artistic direction, while supporting the Lead Artist on management focused tasks.
• Define, manage and delegate out resources from creation to placement;
• Contribute to the technical understanding of more junior members of the team;
• Be a reference for the art team in relation to various artistic elements and find solutions to complex issues that arise;
• Efficiently communicate and support messages from management;
• Share knowledge within the team, advise and mentor more junior members of the team;
• Assess artistic content with the Lead Artist and establish time and planning estimates by priority and level;
• Oversee optimisation and debugging to fix the issues raised by testers;
• Build and integrate assets into the play space and find solutions that adhere to the style guide;
• Assess and plan out the space, with consideration of narrative and visual storytelling, while documenting intentions;
• Create fully functional assets which can be shared across the project and respect the technical and artistic constraints of the project;
• Plan, estimate and prioritise time frames for the completion of tasks and track progress using the designated tracking tools;
• Communicate and collaborate with key stakeholders to confirm task direction and ensure consistency of work within the team;
• Ensure the technical and artistic quality of the game is delivered by collaborating with technical artists and other senior artists and make changes when necessary;
• Understand the game design documents in regards to the environments, objectives, atmospheres, story and style and use them to create various artistic elements;
• Share knowledge of project tools and their functions, the project file classification system and the process of updating engine data;
• Support the Lead Environment Artist and other senior artists in any ad hoc tasks and duties.
Skills and Knowledge
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
• Ability to create interesting, detailed and visually appealing artistic environments;
• Strong ability to adapt to new processes and pipelines;
• Strong working knowledge of industry leading 3D modelling packages;
• Strong knowledge of composition and visual story telling;
• Strong knowledge of level editors;
• Excellent understanding of Physically Based Rendering systems;
• Familiarity with data management software (such as Perforce);
• Strong gameplay and level design knowledge;
• Strong knowledge of the video game industry and awareness of typical video game development processes is essential;
• Originality and resourcefulness in problem solving;
• Strong Knowledge of optimization techniques (e.g. 3D Studio Max).
• 5 years' minimum experience as an Environment Artist or other relevant experience;
• Bachelor's degree in Graphics Design, Art or other relevant training;
• Has shipped at least 1 or more titles, preferably full project cycles on a AAA console title;
• Experience in both hard surface and organic modelling;
• Experience working in Adobe Photoshop.
Salary: Competitive + Relocation
Location: Leamington Spa, U.K
Opening date: 1st November 2017
Closing date for applications: 30th November 2017
Reflections reserves the right to close this advert earlier than the closing date indicated should we feel we have received sufficient applications.