Reflections, a Ubisoft studio is a video games development company based in Newcastle, UK. Collaborating with Ubisoft's international creative teams on projects such as Assassins Creed Syndicate, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, online open-world RPG "The Division" as well as the adventure platformer "Grow Home". With a host of other top titles to our name such as open-world action adventure 'Watch Dogs', MMO racer "The Crew" and the latest instalment in the world's No.1 dance game franchise 'Just Dance 2015' Reflections' objective is to combine technical expertise, flair and innovation to create and contribute to successful and memorable games. We are looking for Pioneering, Obsessive Humans to cement its reputation as an industry leading studio within the UK and the world.
Develop, document and support the game UI art pipelines and techniques used by the production teams on the project.
• Assist with the creative technical challenges of content implementation within the UI art pipeline on the assigned project;
• Ensure UI assets are game ready;
• Work with other team members to find ways to improve quality standards on the project;
• Assist in the optimization of UI content for memory and performance gains;
• Help to improve the pipelines and skills needed for the production art team;
• Provide documentation of the UI art processes to assist and develop others;
• Streamline UI texturing and visual effects to meet the needs of the project;
• Maintain a balance between day to day work and improving workflows;
• Work with the Technical Art Director and Senior UI Technical Artists to identify ways to increase efficiencies in process and production pipelines;
Skills and Knowledge
• Good interpersonal and communication skills;
• Proactive and results orientated;
• Willingness to share knowledge openly;
• Knowledge of standard office software such as Outlook, Word, Excel, OneNote etc.;
• Basic knowledge of industry standard software packages such as Photoshop, 3DSMax, Maya, etc.;
• Interest and knowledge in scripting and programming using Max Script, Python, C# etc.;
• Good time management and prioritization skills;
• Technical proficiency in areas of 2D or 3D art;
• Understanding of game asset pipelines;
• Ability to understand and communicate technical issues from an aesthetic point of view.
• Experience in working with Unreal Engine4 or other Node based Editing packages would also be a huge benefit to your application
• Bachelor's degree in art, design, computer science, technical discipline or other relevant training;
• Up to 1 years' experience in an internship or placement year in a professional game studio environment;
Salary: Competitive + Relocation
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, U.K
Opening date: 30th November 2017
Closing date for applications: 29th December 2017
Reflections reserves the right to close this advert earlier than the closing date indicated should we feel we have received sufficient applications.