Ubisoft is 10,000 creative minds spanning 6 continents. With around 85% of its staff devoted to game development, Ubisoft has the 2nd largest in-house creative team in the world.
The company's 27 different creative studios work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on brands including For Honor® Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon®, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six, Tom Clancy's The Division, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more.
Develop, document and support the game UI art pipelines and techniques used by the production teams on the project.
• Assist with the creative technical challenges of content implementation within the UI art pipeline on the assigned project;
• Ensure UI assets are game ready;
• Work with other team members to find ways to improve quality standards on the project;
• Assist in the optimization of UI content for memory and performance gains;
• Help to improve the pipelines and skills needed for the production art team;
• Provide documentation of the UI art processes to assist and develop others;
• Streamline UI texturing and visual effects to meet the needs of the project;
• Maintain a balance between day to day work and improving workflows;
• Work with the Technical Art Director and Senior UI Technical Artists to identify ways to increase efficiencies in process and production pipelines;
Skills and Knowledge
• Good interpersonal and communication skills;
• Proactive and results orientated;
• Willingness to share knowledge openly;
• Knowledge of standard office software such as Outlook, Word, Excel, OneNote etc.;
• Basic knowledge of industry standard software packages such as Photoshop, 3DSMax, Maya, etc.;
• Interest and knowledge in scripting and programming using Max Script, Python, C# etc.;
• Good time management and prioritization skills;
• Technical proficiency in areas of 2D or 3D art;
• Understanding of game asset pipelines;
• Ability to understand and communicate technical issues from an aesthetic point of view.
• Experience in working with Unreal Engine4 or other Node based Editing packages would also be a huge benefit to your application
• Bachelor's degree in art, design, computer science, technical discipline or other relevant training;
• Up to 1 years' experience in an internship or placement year in a professional game studio environment;
Salary: Competitive + Relocation
Location: Leamington Spa, U.K
Opening date: 30th November 2017
Closing date for applications: 29th December 2017
Reflections reserves the right to close this advert earlier than the closing date indicated should we feel we have received sufficient applications.