Our Total War: Arena team are looking for a passionate and talented senior character artist with a passion for creating believable characters with the ability to produce stunning, high quality, efficient, real time game content.
Sharing knowledge and skills are important for this role and there will be a strong element of mentoring associate character artists and trainees on the project. The right candidate for this role will be a highly accomplished artist; creatively, technically and visually.
You will be a key member of the team and create highly detailed, believable 3D character models and textures for use in-game. You will own character models from conception to final game model and work to schedule in producing and delivering of character assets on time.
Working closely with our animation, design and technical departments, you will collaborate to meet the gameplay and technical requirements. You will also be proactive in seeking out opportunities to identify and deal with issues before and as they arise. You will work with the team to help establish and maintain the character workflow and pipeline and assist the project Character Lead with contractors/outsourcing as required.
You will also help mentor, develop and support junior level artists on the project.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- At least two shipped AAA titles
- Proven experience implementing game characters
- In-depth understanding of human and animal anatomy
- Expert use of industry standard tools, such as Max/Maya, Photoshop and Zbrush
- Expert low and high poly modelling and texturing
- Good understanding of game topology, including edge flow and correct mesh creation for animation
- Knowledge of games development pipelines
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work efficiently within a team
- Comfortable working quickly within an agile development process
- Marvellous Designer and Substance Designer/Painter experience beneficial
- Formal art training
- All round art ability
- Love of games
- Interest in history
We are Creative Assembly
Creative Assembly is one of the UK's leading games development studios, founded in 1987 and located in West Sussex, UK and in Sofia, Bulgaria.
We have gathered our team of world-class, diverse and multi-national talent, dedicated to crafting some of the most renowned gaming experiences and giving our loyal followers worlds in which to immerse themselves.
Our focus on quality has filled our awards cabinet over the years - from BAFTAs to Ivor Novellos. We owe this to our team - creatives from a breadth of backgrounds, who unite to share their ideas and expertise, to craft the highest quality gameplay.