Web Developper Business Intelligence Team
- Québec City, QC, Canada
Ubisoft Québec is a leader in the video game industry and is located in the heart of Quebec City’s Saint-Roch neighbourhood. Involved in many of Ubisoft’s flagship franchises, the studio gained a strong expertise, leading to its implication in the development of AAA games. The 450 talented people are united by the desire of pushing boundaries, building high quality worlds and creating memorable gaming experiences.
The Web developer will oversee the web project development process: analysis, design and code implementation, test and debugging of the functions that he/she will integrate.
* Analyze web needs of the project;
* Play an active role in designing and developing web applications;
* Determine tools and methods to implement functions based on project needs;
* Assess development risks and impacts on existing systems;
* Estimate the work required to complete application development efforts;
* Develop optimal code to meet speed, latency, bandwidth and application availability requirements;
* Support, update and document applications;
* Analyze, split or refactor functions in existing applications and systems;
* Effectively respond to requirement and/or design changes;
* Remain informed on the latest technological developments and identify those that are best suited to the project;
* Carry out all other related tasks.
* Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related training.
* 3 years’ experience in web programming and needs planning & analysis.
Skills and knowledge
* Extensive knowledge of object-oriented design and programming;
* Extensive knowledge of high data volume web application programming;
* Extensive knowledge of web services programming;
* Extensive knowledge of SQL;
* Extensive knowledge of XHTML, NodeJS and DOM;
* Solid communication skills (French-English, spoken and written);
* Good interpersonal and communication skills;
* Autonomy and resourcefulness;
* Analytical and synthesis skills;
* Ability to work as part of a team;
* Ability to work under pressure;
* Ability to adapt to change;
* Creativity and innovation in problem solving.