More information about this job
We have an amazing opportunity for a HR Director to join the Jagex family. Working with an incredibly talented team, this is a real opportunity to drive change within the business, enhance the Jagex culture and establish a strong HR presence and culture within the Games teams.
Working closely with the Senior Leadership team, this is a role for someone who embraces change and can win hearts and minds, as well as helping the teams to navigate the future growth of the Company.
Reporting to the VP HR & Operations, this role will be focused on delivering value to the business through the design, implementation and alignment of strategic HR initiatives in support of our growth plans and company objectives. This will be achieved through a relentless focus on our people, operational excellence and a commercial approach, with an understanding and awareness of industry specific business challenges.
Strategy & Partnership:
- Design and develop overall HR strategy in partnership with the VP HR & Operations
- Engage with and develop HR practices to support the Jagex mission and values and roll these out across the business
- Consult with all levels in the organisation to proactively evolve and adapt HR policies and practices to successfully compete within a dynamic industry, ensuring Jagex is a great place to work
- Business partner the Senior Management Team (SMT) on the design, implementation and alignment of strategic HR initiatives against key business objectives
- Act as a coach and mentor to the SMT providing a supportive and positive environment
- Consult and work alongside the SMT to design and rollout a culture change program focused on the future growth of Jagex. Act as cultural custodian for the business and challenge behaviours outside of this
- Offer expertise, advice and guidance to the business on people challenges in a pragmatic and commercially minded fashion.
Operations & Implementation:
- Lead and develop a high caliber HR team including HR Operations, People Development, Payroll & Benefits, as well as playing a pivotal role in influencing across the business
- Work closely with the Director of Talent Acquisition to ensure best in class candidate experience, onboarding and wider talent management
- Deliver HR projects through the team on time and to budget
- Manage the Reward and Benefits strategy including Performance based Bonuses and Pay Review
- Design and rollout a robust employee engagement program across the business to increase engagement and minimise attrition
- Develop best in practice learning and development within the Jagex team and establish clear ROI measures
- Develop HR policies and practices which embrace and encourage flexibility and diversity within the wider Jagex team
- Develop a best in practice wellbeing and mental health strategy and support and mentor staff within the Jagex team
- Provide management information, analysis and recommendations on key people metrics to the business
- Leadership of a multi-disciplined HR team
- Operating in a senior management capacity, showing integrity, resilience and the ability to work independently
- Can quickly establish credibility and respect and build strong working relationships with the SMT through collaboration and consultation
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Demonstrates a strong working knowledge of employment law and is able to apply this in a commercially focused and pragmatic fashion
- Has strong change management and organisation development skills and experience
- Is able to understand business priorities and adapt HR plans quickly presenting pragmatic solutions to new situations as they arise
- Commercially aware and able to apply understanding of company finances to push back and support managers to resource, develop and manage their teams
- Is able to remain calm, focused and make sensible decisions in a fast paced, ambiguous environment
- Excellent attention to Detail
- CIPD qualified
- To behave at all times in a professional manner, maintaining a positive and conscientious work ethic whilst also demonstrating initiative and determination to get the job done.
- To work effectively with colleagues both within the immediate team and across the company whenever necessary.
- To demonstrate a willingness to adapt to the evolving environment of the company, teams and work requirements.
Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.