Junior Data Analyst (114058)
Requisition ID 114058 - Posted 09/08/2017 - Temp - EA Studios - Dev Services - Analytics - Guildford - Surrey - United Kingdom - Europe
We are EA
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead:
This role sits within the fast-paced Testing & QA department where you will be responsible for assembling data from multiple sources, conducting analyses and perform research. You will be required to interact with different internal customers, design, document and implement analytical solutions, as well as compile and present results in graphical and written summaries, to a variety of audiences. You will also be responsible for building metrics reporting systems and for tracking process improvements across the organization. This role is an initial 6 month contract.
What a Junior Data Analyst does at EA:
- Conducts analysis using statistical software, databases, spreadsheets, and reporting tools
- Designs, evaluates and monitors key metrics, understanding root causes of changes in metrics
- Develops and maintains scripts and queries to import, manipulate, clean, transform data from different sources
- Builds and shares live dashboards and reports complete with user documentation
- Builds and trains statistical models for hypothesis testing
- Performs quality assurance on generated results to ensure accuracy and consistency
- Prepares “client ready” deliverables
- Prepares professional results in presentation and document format
- Provides consistent and accurate Quality Assurance on final results
- Interacts with clients and client organizations
- Liaises with data providers in internal client organizations, specifically in the development of data requests, checking of data received, and follow up with data providers on data issues.
- Liaises directly with clients on projects involving technical methodologies
- Presents results to clients in a clear and respectful manner, maintaining professionalism in collecting feedback
- Project management and quality assurance of active projects
The next great EA Junior Data Analyst also needs:
- Strong SQL experience
- Demonstrable experience in a dedicated analytical role
- Strong knowledge of R language, MS Excel mastery, including VBA, PivotTables, and array functions, or other similar tools used for discovering data patterns and correlations through statistical methods.
- Strong mathematic and analytical skills including statistics, simulation, and optimization
- Expert data visualization techniques for charts and reports - good knowledge of Microsoft Power BI.
We appreciate the work contractors provide, so here at EA we like to offer you great facilities while you are working onsite including:
- Free onsite gym
- Two annual parties (Summer & Christmas)
- Brand new onsite cafe
- Our very own barista
- Games Area
We thought you might also want to know more about our location:
Take your career to the next level – apply today!