Director Global Brand Management (113928)
Requisition ID 113928 - Posted 09/16/2017 - Regular - CMO - Marketing - Guildford - Surrey - United Kingdom - Europe
Role: Director, Global Brand Management
Location: Guildford, UK
EA is looking for a dynamic, highly motivated Director of Global Brand Management with a proven track record of success and achievement in brand strategy, and product and live-services marketing. At EA, you will join a growing team that is shaping the future of interactive entertainment.
Reporting to the Vice President of Global Brand Management, you will be responsible for developing the brand strategy and leading product marketing for action entertainment experiences, including new IP.
The ideal candidate is a world class brand strategist, progressive thinker with experience launching AAA games, knows the player, can explore new business models and drive a live service. You must have the ability to partner with multiple teams, process business intelligence and consumer insights into clear business, brand, product, and live service strategy.
- Set long-range brand strategies, target audience, franchise positioning and franchise key performance indicators
- Partner with Development to create the multi-year business plan, product strategy and positioning cascade that aligns with long-range brand strategy
- Drive consumer, market and competitive landscape analysis and business insight to provide direction on product, launch and live service market opportunities.
- Work with the Development team to build strategic plans and capabilities for player acquisition and engagement, and help execute against the plans and tactics
- Provide player, product and competitive expertise for Development, Marketing and Publishing teams
- Work with go-to-market teams to ensure global marketing campaign is on brand and on strategy
- Deliver a consistent voice of the player from concept through to final production and live service execution
- Regularly partner, present and report to development leadership and stakeholders on marketing strategies, plans, insights and findings
Minimum Qualifications / Requirements:
- BA/BS from a top-tier institution and MBA preferred.
- Extensive experience in marketing roles at top tier companies, specifically entertainment, consulting, digital/e-commerce, subscriptions, live services or interactive entertainment.
- Strong experience in all major areas of marketing, including brand building, product marketing, consumer insights, live services marketing and channel activation.
- Project Management and coordination across teams, game studios, external partners and licensors.
- Solid business, analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Experience working with licensors/licensees.
- Ability to build relationships at Executive level.
- Experience building, developing and inspiring a team of direct reports.
- Strong communicator and collaborator, ability to influence and inspire at all levels, highly self-motivated and self-disciplined.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, ambiguous and very globally minded environment.
- Passion for games.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills and advanced proficiency in PowerPoint and Excel required.
- Frequent travel required.