Capcom Vancouver continues to develop new and exciting projects, and we’re growing in the process! With three unique projects in development, we’re recruiting smart, passionate and dedicated professionals to work with us on the next generation of video gaming.
At Capcom Game Studio Vancouver, the Artist (Props) works within our existing Environment team under the direction of a Lead, Art Director, and Gameplay Designer. You will be collaborating in the creation of props including: modeling, texturing, and basic rigging.
Our prop artists contribute to the interactive elements within the context of environments and mission design. You will be working alongside and learn from other Prop Artists, Environment Artists and Game Designers on a daily basis, all of whom contribute to the creation of immersive living worlds with rich gameplay experiences, that look and play great.
This role is a *12 Month Contract*
- Modeling and texturing interactive props and collision efficiently to fit within the context of open worlds from start to finish
- Strong technical understanding of building fully interactive props with basic rigging
- Become familiar with all visual references and be keenly aware of gameplay requirements and other dependencies of your props
- Gather, photograph, and organize reference materials to influence and strengthen the context, look and feel of your props, while working within the guidelines of a set visual direction
- Work with the art and design team to help develop props that match the product vision
- Excellent communicator and collaborator who is open to critique and constructive evaluation
- Able to self-manage time, meet deadlines, and work within budgets, while achieving the highest visual quality possible
- Great understanding of design and how to dissect games constructively
- 2 - 6 years’ experience in art.
- Game console development experience is preferred.
- Have shipped at least one AAA product.
- Experience with Maya, Photoshop, and ZBrush.
- Strong technical ability to manage assets to fit memory, design, and frame rate budgets.
- Diploma in art/related field, or equivalent experience.
- Foundational background in traditional arts
What Would Be Cool:
- Shipped console titles as a Prop Artist.
- A breadth of knowledge regarding games/games industry.
- Have previously dealt with outsourcing assets
- Experience with Unreal Engine
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Get creative. Take risks. Push the boundaries of gaming. Be a member of an awesome team. We’re looking for the best game-makers to help pioneer the future of our industry. If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you.
About Capcom Vancouver
Located in Vancouver, Canada in a brand new facility conveniently located in the hub of North Burnaby, Capcom Vancouver continues to develop new and exciting projects with a passion in story-telling and content pushing boundaries.
And we’re growing in the process! With three unique projects in development, we’re recruiting smart, energetic, and dedicated professionals to work with us on our next franchise Triple A title.