You are a hands-on technologist who can dive deep and hold your own with senior developers building scalable products. You are a natural leader who enables and inspires your team to do their best work on delivering reliable and stable software. As a talented and passionate individual, you want to solve challenging problems and make a significant impact. Having shipped at least one mobile title, you are eager to make your mark in the industry.
Sound like a match? Kabam Vancouver is looking for a Technical Director to join us in delivering titles such as Marvel: Contest of Champions and Transformers: Forged to Fight.
We don’t just make games, we play and love them too.
As a Technical Director, you can expect to:
- Direct, oversee and communicate regular updates regarding project engineering efforts including game client and server technology, development roadmap and live operation of cross platform products
- Manage technical design and development of game software, ensuring design and architecture is extensible across projects
- Architect and develop robust, scalable and efficient mobile (iOS/Android) solution to support product player base
- Collaborate with various key stakeholders and directly contribute to design of major game features, technology budgeting, scheduling and whole-project dependency analysis
- Proactively identify development bottlenecks across all areas, disciplines and projects and coordinate solutions
- Understand and manages technical debts where it helps to increase efficiency for the project
At Kabam, we’re constantly raising the bar of excellence in free-to-play mobile gaming. We hire for passion and diversity so that together as a team we can triumph in our collective skill. Our teams are made up of a fusion of personalities and interests bound together by a collaborative nature, fun-loving culture and drive to do what it takes to make great games. And this is where you come in..
What you will bring to the team:
- Experience leading technical development in the mobile games space and have shipped at least one mobile title
- 7+ years of progressive experience in similar capacity including 3+ years in a technical leadership role, preferably in technology and/or game industry
- Knowledgeable and approachable with demonstrated ability to drive to clear action and ownership
- Experience building and running highly scalable applications
Excited by this opportunity? We invite you to apply and start the conversation with us.
Together, we can create some of the best games ever made.