You are an experienced marketing professional with solid knowledge of entertainment product marketing, user acquisition techniques, and lifecycle marketing. You have a thorough understanding of competition with an eye on current and future market trends. You embrace a culture of data review and analysis by helping to integrate data into key decision-making process; champion the use of data analysis across all areas of business.
Sound like a match? Kabam is looking for VP, Marketing to join us in delivering titles such as Marvel: Contest of Champions and our recently released Transformers: Forged to Fight. As part of our leadership team, you will lead an expanded team and spearhead near- and long-term marketing efforts. This role will be based in our Vancouver office collaborating with remote teams in San Francisco, CA and Austin, TX.
You will contribute by:
- Working in close partnership with product owners and development teams to ensure alignment between the product offering and optimization of marketing programs
- Driving cross-functional planning and execution with resources across studio locations
- Initiating marketing partnership opportunities with licensor, platforms, and other potential consumer marketing partners
- Working closely with studio leadership on long-term franchise planning to drive towards a $1 billion business
- Contributing a thorough understanding of competition and market trends, collaboration with Data Analytics to inform feature development for Production team
- Creating marketing plans and calendar in support of organizational strategy and objectives while managing budgets and contributing to forecasts
- Leading User Acquisition, Lifecycle Marketing, and Product Marketing while partnering with Player Retention to achieve targeted results
- Managing external Public Relations agencies and provide senior leadership for creative agency management
- Liaising with territory specific marketing experts and agencies to drive improvements in our worldwide business, particularly into regions outside of North America
- Managing and mentoring a team of content creators and marketing talents located in both Vancouver and San Francisco
At Kabam, we’re constantly raising the bar of excellence in free-to-play mobile gaming. We hire for passion and diversity so that together as a team we can triumph in our collective skill. Our teams are made up of a fusion of personalities and interests bound together by a collaborative nature, fun-loving culture and drive to do what it takes to make great games. And this is where you come in...
Your background includes:
- 10+ years of experience in similar capacity, combined with 5+ years of management experience specific to the gaming industry
- Proven track record of solving complex strategic problems – with solid frameworks – and execution against this strategy with the appropriate tactics
- Strong affinity for metrics and performance marketing
- Demonstrated success in building lasting brands and generating demand in highly competitive consumer/entertainment industries
- Experience in creating global marketing campaigns with emphasis on North American, European, and APAC regions
- Ability to work seamlessly with all areas of the marketing team and broader Kabam organization
- Self-motivated with the ability to “roll-up the sleeves” to prioritize and manage workload to meet critical deadlines
- High degree of interpersonal skill paired with rock solid business acumen
- Exceptional people management and leadership abilities
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to juggle a complex set of tasks, goals, and priorities with a smile
- Strong passion for games - We don’t just make games, we play and love them too
Excited by this opportunity? We invite you to apply and start the conversation with us. Together, we can create some of the best games ever made.