You possess a strong technical background and have a high degree of appreciation for game design. You're laser focused on the details yet manage to think beyond the current state. You enjoy working in a collaborative fashion with incredibly talented people that can inspire and challenge you.
Sound like a match? Kabam Vancouver is looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to join us in delivering titles such as Marvel: Contest of Championsand our recently released Transformers: Forged to Fight., 2017 Google Play Awards Winner for "Best Game".
In this role, you can expect to:
- Ideate, architect, and implement scalable back-end systems for project needs
- Collaborate with other programmers on integration and support tasks
- Act upon feedback from stakeholders to refine and hone features
- Work closely with producers, designers and other programmers in a highly collaborative agile environment
- Other ad-hoc projects and/or requirements may arise as requested
At Kabam, we’re constantly raising the bar of excellence in free-to-play mobile gaming. We hire for passion and diversity so that together as a team we can triumph in our collective skill. Our teams are made up of a fusion of personalities and interests bound together by a collaborative nature, fun-loving culture and drive to do what it takes to make great games. And this is where you come in..
Your background includes....
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience in similar capacity, preferable in game industry
- Strong understanding of both relational and non-relational databases
- Proficiency in Unity3D, C/C++/C#
- Deep knowledge of back-end server language
- Up-to-date understanding of the latest mobile gaming trends
- Familiarity with mobile free-to-play games and mobile best practices
- Proven track record to working independently and collaboratively in a dynamic team setting
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written
For those who want to take it up a notch, we’d love to see you having:
- js and MongoDB experience
- Passion for games of all sorts is a big plus!
Excited by this opportunity? We invite you to apply and start the conversation with us.
Together, we can create some of the best games ever made.