As a communicator-extraordinaire, you are comfortable representing a well-defined brand through social media and other platforms and have a knack for solving challenging issues with ease. You have a passion for gaming, a strong sense of empathy for players and the ability to multi-task. You are familiar with the intricacies involved in communicating solely through text-based mediums, and are someone that can think on their feet and handle sticky situations in a diplomatic manner. As a highly-motivated self-starter, you hold yourself to high standards of performance or thrive in a collaborative and high-impact team.
Sound like a match? Kabam Austin is looking for Community Engagement Coordinator to join us in delivering titles such as Marvel: Contest of Champions and our recently released Transformers: Forged to Fight.
We don’t just make games, we play and love them too.
You will contribute by:
- Acting as a driving force in our online forum, social support, and app store support communication, conveying updates, technical issues and replying to player questions
- Collaborating and liaise with third-party moderation firms
- Working closely with the Manager of Community Development and the game team from our Vancouver office to help escalate and organize player feedback and concerns
- Generating reports on channel performance, employee performance, and player sentiment trends
- Providing helpful information to our player support teams regarding known issues and upcoming feature changes
- Proactively identify possible player concerns and community issues that could have a detrimental impact, and work to neutralize them whenever possible
- Identify and advise on and help shape communication for upcoming feature changes or technical improvements for our forums
- Provide the Community and Game Teams with regular and formalized reporting regarding sentiment and community pain-points
- Assist in mentoring, training and growing your fellow community team members, as well as being a key part of their development
At Kabam, we’re constantly raising the bar of excellence in free-to-play mobile gaming. We hire for passion and diversity so that together as a team we can triumph in our collective skill. Our teams are made up of a fusion of personalities and interests bound together by a collaborative nature, fun-loving culture and drive to do what it takes to make great games. And this is where you come in…
Your background includes:
- 2+ years of experience in a player-facing role, managing or helping to manage an online gaming community on the front lines.
- Experience with social media channels and their use in professional applications
- Strong written and verbal acumen, with a strong focus on spelling and grammar
- A passion for gaming and a solid understanding of pop culture online communities
- The ability to meet hard deadlines, be flexible in prioritization and schedule, take direction well, and strong organizational skills
- A good sense of humor, strong integrity and solid sense of pride in their work
- An interest in collaboration, brainstorming and contributing to a team effort
- The desire to BE AWESOME, and the ability to mentor and lead fellow employees
- Experience with online forum software such as Vanilla, Salesforce, and its administrative roles
Excited by this opportunity? We invite you to apply and start the conversation with us.
Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made.