You’re a master at creating beautifully illustrated pieces to convey the essence of new characters as we celebrate their launch, epic group shots showing the expanse of the Marvel Universe and Contest of Champions. You enjoy creating mysterious teasers that give players a clue into who’s coming next. Charged with breathing action and life into screenshots captured from the game of the Champions in motion, you’ll assist with creation epic compilations of characters to suit the latest game update on our splash screens when users load up the game. You will be an integral part of brainstorming additional assets with the Marketing and Game Teams.
Sound like a match? Kabam is looking for an Illustrator to join us on Marvel Contest of Champions.
We don’t just make games, we play and love them too.
You will contribute by:
- Taking initiative to learn about the characters that you’ll be working on to understand who they are in order to capture this in your illustrations
- Collaborating with the various teams you’ll be working closely with
- Posing characters in Unity and Maya to get the right pose before you start painting a masterpiece with an acute attention to detail and quality
At Kabam, we’re constantly raising the bar of excellence in free-to-play mobile gaming. We hire for passion and diversity so that together as a team we can triumph in our collective skill. Our teams are made up of a fusion of personalities and interests bound together by a collaborative nature, fun-loving culture and drive to do what it takes to make great games. And this is where you come in…
Your background includes:
- Exceptional Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator skills
- strong eye for composition and attention to detail
- A great portfolio showing a range of illustration work
- Experience with rendering in 3D software packages such as MAYA, XSI, 3DS Max, Cinema 4D etc
- A have a love for films, animation and comics, and well versed in cinematic layout and shot design
- An ability to quickly produce high quality work
- An ability to meet hard deadlines
- Strong communication skills and highly organized
- 3-5 years experience in illustration
An added bonus if you have:
- Graphic design skills
- Experience working in the gaming or entertainment industries a plus
- Experience using Unity a plus
- Knowledge of the Marvel Universe and it’s characters
This is a highly collaborative environment that you’ll be expected to contribute to, reporting to the Senior Director, Product Marketing, working closely with the Marketing Team, Character Artists and Art Directors to create dynamic pieces of artwork to support ongoing Marketing initiatives for Marvel Contest of Champions.
Excited by this opportunity? We invite you to apply and start the conversation with us.
Together, we can create some of the best games ever made.