Software Engineer II
In our modern big data-driven world, sending and using telemetry is critical to the success of a game.
The team is an engineering group dedicated to helping Team Xbox and game developers to win with data. The team works with world-class studios like Minecraft, 343 Industries (Halo), Turn 10 (Forza), Rare (Sea of Thieves), and The Coalition (Gears of War), publishing and development studios from big to small Indie developers.
We are looking for a software engineer who brings C++ client engineering experience with game engine code, is familiar with the game development process, tools and technology, or has a strong technical skillset and a desire to move their career toward helping game developers win with data. Because of the diverse set of technologies, experience with Unreal Engine, Unity, or one or more custom game engines is a bonus. As an engineer on our team you’ll help improve existing tools and services, and develop new innovative solutions to provide advanced data-interaction experiences for gamers and game developers.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Develop high quality, state of the art solutions that will transform the way we develop games on Xbox, Windows Desktop PCs, and mobile platforms.
- Drive sound architecture, designs and implementations to meet quality, performance, scale, diagnosis, testability, deployment and manageability requirements.
- Initiate, promote, implement and reevaluate our engineering practices.
- Work directly with game studios to integrate, evangelize, educate, on-board, and support our tools and services.
- 2+ years of software engineering experience
- Experience in developing, debugging and maintaining code in C++ and C#.
- A demonstrable understanding of software development and testing concepts.
- Self-driven and able to work independently or with a team to develop solutions for a broad range of problems.
- Some travel may be required: 1-2 studio visits per year
- Past accomplishments in areas of problem solving, presentation skills and effective one-on-one communication are key to success in this role.
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.