Senior Gameplay Engineer - Gears of War - The Coalition
We have a great opportunity on the Gears of War franchise for a Senior Gameplay Engineer. This opportunity is best suited for an experienced engineer with a background working closely with Design to create outstanding multi-player experiences in a core AAA game.
The role will be to create and maintain gameplay systems that are needed for our Multiplayer and Horde game modes. You will partner with our designers and artists to bring the game vision to life. Our ideal candidate will be a committed gamer with a passion for delivering new experiences to the core consumer. Applicants must also be able to remain positive and work effectively and efficiently in a diverse team-oriented environment.
- Design, implement, and maintain a robust series of custom multiplayer gameplay systems.
- Identify opportunities for improved efficiency and/or ease of use in existing systems.
- Provide engineering support to the Level designers and other content creators.
- Analyze performance and memory issues in multiplayer levels.
- Provide instruction (in person and documented) on gameplay tech usage.
- Must have 5-7+ years of experience in video games.
- University level degree in computer science or a related field.
- Strong C++ skills.
- Strong knowledge of the math, data structures and algorithms commonly used in gameplay.
- Excellent communication skills and comfortable working closely with designers and content developers.
- Possess a client focused mindset.
- Flexibility and willingness to jump across multiple systems as required.
- Experience with multiplayer and/or co-op gameplay development.
- Unreal engine experience is a plus.
- Strong debugging and optimization skills in a multi-threaded environment.
- Experience developing tools and modules for game development.
- In-depth understanding of game development process and workflows.
- A desire to provide the best experience to our content creators and our players.
- Knowledge of other scripting languages (Lua, Python, MEL) is desirable.
- An awareness of software development best practices, particularly for design, coding, and testing.
ABOUT THE COALITION:
The Coalition is a growing team of talented, creative, fun-loving professionals from around the world who are united in their passion for Gears of War. Located in Vancouver, Canada, the studio is dedicated to pushing the Gears franchise to new heights with its belief that if you want to go far, go together.