TOOLS SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Do you have a passion for supporting development with best in class tools and workflows? Do you get excited about Xbox and by the prospect of transforming gaming through efficient and scalable services? The Coalition are looking for a driven Software Engineer with a passion for tools and pipeline development. You will have a direct impact on the next generation of great games and experiences built by a talented team of geo-distributed developers.
In this role you will help drive the design and implementation of tools and workflows optimized for AAA game development in a fast paced and dynamic work environment. You will work closely with a variety of departments including our Engine team, our Design and Art Teams and other co-development partners to build out and support tools and pipelines for the Gears of War Franchise.
- Develop and maintain a variety of tools and workflows used by a large game development team including tools integrated into our art packages, our source control software and Unreal Engine 4.
- Increase the overall effectiveness of the development teams by aligning closely with various disciplines both within and outside of the studio.
- Identify new and existing workflows which can be developed and extended to aid in the development of the game.
- BS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent industry experience
- At least 3 years of software development experience
- Strong background in C#/C++, .NET and CLR;
- Experience with source control software (Perforce preferable) and writing tools for them
- Familiar with test-driven development (TDD).
- A service oriented mindset, you actively help team members build best in class software
- Experience with agile or scrum development practices
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience with writing software used by external development partners
- Experience with writing tools and workflows for art packages such as Maya, Motionbuilder, Houdini and Photoshop
- Experience with ASP.NET MVC/Razor
- Experience with WPF
- Prior experience with all stages of shipping a game: ideation through to post-development DLC
- Experience with Python
- Experience with the Unreal Engine, or similar
- Familiarity with Xbox Platform, Xbox LIVE, and XLSP technologies - Passion for the entertainment and gaming space
ABOUT THE COALITION:
The Coalition is a growing team of talented, creative, fun-loving professionals from around the world who are united in their passion for Gears of War.
Located in Vancouver, Canada, the studio is dedicated to pushing the Gears franchise to new heights with its belief that if you want to go far, go together.