Obsidian is looking for experienced and talented QA Testers to join our Pillars of Eternity team.
Obsidian Entertainment is looking for qualified game testers for full-time employment. Duties will include doing your best to break the game and toolset, writing up concise bug reports that include detailed steps on how to reproduce the bugs, and accurately following established QA plans. The ideal candidate has experience creating content using game editors and is able to work effectively independently as well as in a team-based, professional environment.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a full-time, ON-SITE position in Orange County, California and relocation expenses are not available. This is NOT an off-site, closed BETA testing position. We are NOT accepting BETA testing applications at this time!
- Strong attention to detail and knowledge of complex game systems/mechanics.
- Availability and willingness to work hard and maintain long hours including weekends as needed.
- Be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and through detailed documentation.
- Ability to work independently (self-motivated) as well as in a team environment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Word and Excel.
- Experience with RPG genre titles.
- MUST be local. Non-local applicants will not be considered.
- Familiarity with Pillars of Eternity and/or the Infinity Engine games.
- Familiarity with Dungeons & Dragons and/or d20 preferred.
- Experience with software testing.
- Experience with writing test cases.
- Experience dealing with different internet browsers.
- Knowledge of the Unity Game Engine.
- Software testing certification.
- Knowledge of programming languages/scripting.