Senior IT Systems Administrator
Would you like to work on some of the greatest franchises in gaming history? How about more than one? Certain Affinity is a unique Austin studio comprised of a tightly-knit group of experienced industry veterans committed to a solid work/life balance. We’ve co-developed multiple products for the Call of Duty, Halo and Doom franchises, and we’ve launched a few of our own games as well.
Certain Affinity is looking for a talented and self-motivated individual to be our new Senior IT Systems Administrator. This role reports to the Director of Technical Operations, and a successful candidate will possess extreme resourcefulness, great planning and project management skills, solid communication skills and a deep technical background. This person should be strong at assessing the IT needs of all studio disciplines and strive to deliver first class customer service in a team environment.
- Identify, implement and support new tools, server applications and technology
- Fielding more complex problems escalated from other Technical Operations staff.
- Proactively monitoring various IT Systems, handling necessary maintenance and/or making recommendations for upgrades, maintenance or replacements.
- Administration of Windows, Linux and Apple server products including installation, configuration, troubleshooting, performance tuning and maintenance on both standalone and virtual platforms.
- Administration of development and collaboration tools (Source Control / Perforce, JIRA, Confluence, build systems etc) including installation, configuration, integration, and maintenance
- Administration, design and maintenance of Directory Services and E-mail systems on Windows and Linux systems
- Recommend, schedule and perform IT infrastructure hardware and software upgrades
- Mentoring and development of less senior IT team members.
- Documentation of IT infrastructure, processes and performed changes/maintenance
- Mobile device security management/administration
- Manage backup and disaster recovery infrastructure and process
- Provide regular reports and status updates on incidents and projects
- Network design and administration
- Firewall/Security administration
- 5+ years of extensive systems administration experience
- Strong knowledge supporting MS Windows/Active Directory and Linux and Apple environments.
- Strong knowledge and ability to support all virtualization platforms
- Strong knowledge and administration experience of iSCSI, SAN, NAS, RAID and I/O Storage Sub-Systems
- Strong knowledge and experience with networking technologies and protocols
- Must be able to lift heavy computer equipment between 50-100 pounds
- 4-year degree or have equivalent work-related experience
- Game Industry experience
- Develop and maintain scripts to automate server tasks using scripting languages (Perl, Python etc)