Senior AV Media Designer
Would you like to work on some of the greatest franchises in gaming history? How about more than one? Certain Affinity is a unique 125 person studio in Austin, TX. We are comprised of a tightly-knit group of experienced industry veterans committed to a solid work/life balance. We’ve co-developed multiple products for the Call of Duty and Halo franchises, and we’ve launched a few of our own games as well.
Certain Affinity is actively hiring for a Senior AV Media Designer with a strong background in all aspects of video production and solid skills in all fundamental areas of media creation. The Senior AV Media Designer will be the primary video expert for the studio, good leadership skills are expected. Experience in game related, run-time camera work is highly preferable. As a member of the larger CA Audio/Video Team, the candidate will also be expected to have practicable skills in VO editing, signal flow, and some sound design/integration.
- Create video content to be used by internal teams as well as partner and public-facing pieces
- Capture game footage for use in multiple applications
- Contribute to the direction of run-time, in-engine camera tools when called upon
- Support biz-dev and marketing efforts
- Videography and other related field production
- Support audio team with VO and other content needs
- Integrate created content into various source control and game platforms, using Wwise and other game audio middleware.
- Specify, operate and maintain appropriate field and studio equipment
- Function as a lead and owner with assigned duties and projects
- Act as screenshot “czar” and oversee composition, capture, and delivery of gameplay still-shots
Requirements & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree focused on video production or relevant experience
- High level of proficiency with an industry standard video editing suite
- Experience working with multichannel audio formats; 5.1, 7.1 etc
- 5+ years of directly related industry experience
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Ability to manage lead-level duties on production timeline
- Can demonstrate previous work in a high quality portfolio
- Has worked with Nuendo, Reaper, or Sound Forge
- Has worked with Wwise or FMOD
- Team support for 3+ shipped AAA game titles