Would you like to work on some of the greatest franchises in gaming history? How about more than one? Certain Affinity is a unique 125 person studio in Austin, TX. We are comprised of a tightly-knit group of experienced industry veterans committed to a solid work/life balance. We’ve co-developed multiple products for the Call of Duty and Halo franchises, and we’ve launched a few of our own games as well.
Are you an artist that understands how important the UI is to a game’s brand and player experience? Do you notice – and appreciate – when a game’s style is consistent through-out a game’s UI? Does it really bother you when the texture resolution of UI elements are not pixel-accurate, or when its’ screens have terrible composition? Do you love seeing beautifully designed icons?
Certain Affinity is looking for a UI Artist to help us build the best games for our co-dev partners and our internal IP teams!
Be part of a multi-product UI/UX team designing gorgeous player interfaces across PC, Console, VR and Mobile platforms.
- Design and develop icons, widgets, full-screen layouts, and immersive overlays
- Work closely with the UX Lead and Art Lead to ensure all usability and experiential goals are achieved while yielding a visual design that’s harmonious with the game’s overall style
- Work with the Engineering team to export and integrate engine-ready assets and ensure the artistic vision is maintained in-game
- Participate in critiques and revise work based on feedback from team members and product stake-holders
- A deep passion for games
- Made contributions to the UI of at least 2 shipped games
- Keen eye for aesthetics and graphic design
- Good analog & digital drawing skills with an ability to render in a variety of styles
- Good visual communication skills and the ability to deliver and receive constructive criticism
- Expert proficiency with Photoshop, Illustrator, and After-Effects
- Familiarity with producing multi-resolution source assets
- Ability to create animated motion-comps and develop interactive prototypes of your designs
- Demonstrate player-empathy when designing interfaces for games that may not be the type of game you would normally play
- Manage time and priorities across multiple projects in an efficient manner
- Skilled at developing logos, branding and identity guidelines
- Experience with Unreal’s UMG/Slate framework
- Experience with LUA, Python, C# or other programming languages
- Proficiency with Axure, Sketch, XD, UXPin or similar enterprise-level UX tool