Come and join the Futur!
Hot on the wheels of the release of Tiny Trax, FuturLab are looking for an experienced C#/Unity programmer to join the team. This is initially a 6 month contract with the possibility of leading to a permanent role.
Joining us in our sunny seaside Brighton office, you will be working on an exciting new IP for PlayStation VR! You’ll need to proactively tackle a wide variety of programming tasks with enthusiasm and positivity.
FuturLab are in the unique position of having complete creative control of our own IP and the backing of a platform holder. This position is ideal for someone who is keen to have their ideas listened to, and will enjoy seeing their own work highly visible within a finished product. It’s essential that you are proactive and care about creating high quality and fun experiences.
- Proficient in C# and Unity.
- 2:1 Bachelor degree or higher in Computer Science, Maths, Physics, or similar.
- At least 2 years console development experience.
- Strong 3D maths skills essential.
- Knowledge of debugging techniques and strong analytical skills required.
- A keen interest, ideally with some demonstrative experience, in rendering.Awareness of game concepts including physics, AI, UI, audio, input, networking, VFX and asset/data management.
- A good understanding of VR platforms a plus.
- Ability to effectively itemise tasks and assign realistic time scales to them.Excellent communication skills with a friendly, helpful and positive demeanor.
- Work with department leads and other programmers to design the game code and contribute to technical design documents.
- Collaborate closely with designers to test and refine game play features during the development process.
- Ensure all code is produced to the required standard and all TRCs are followed.
- Be proud of your code and test thoroughly to ensure that there are no bugs.
- Collaborate productively, communicating ideas and issues clearly across all disciplines Work with the Development Director to break out tasks into clear and manageable chunks.
- Report progress to Technical Director and inform them of any implementation issues promptly.
- Take pride in producing a polished game for others to enjoy.
Please check out the Life at FuturLab page (www.futurlab.co.uk/life-at-futurlab) for all reasons why you’d love working here!
If you have the skills and experience and think that working by the sea side seems like a fantastic idea, then please email your latest CV, cover letter and examples of work to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that you must be able to demonstrate eligibility and a valid working visa to work in the United Kingdom and be willing to relocate / commute to the Brighton area.
RATE: Based on experience.