Come and join the Futur!
Hot on the wheels of the release of Tiny Trax, FuturLab are looking for a bright and enthusiastic junior programmer to join the team.
Joining us in our sunny seaside Brighton office, you will be working on an exciting new IP for PlayStation VR! You’ll need to proactively tackle a wide variety of programming tasks with enthusiasm and positivity.
FuturLab are in the unique position of having complete creative control of our own IP and the backing of a platform holder. This position is ideal for someone who is keen to have their ideas listened to, and will enjoy seeing their own work highly visible within a finished product. It’s essential that you are proactive and care about creating high quality and fun experiences.
- Proficient in either C# or C++.
- Knowledge of Unity required.
- 2:1 Bachelor degree or higher in Computer Science, Maths, Physics, or similar.
- Strong 3D maths skills essential.
- Knowledge of debugging techniques and strong analytical skills required.
- Awareness of game concepts including rendering, physics, AI, UI, audio, input, networking, VFX and asset/data management.
- One or more completed game projects, either individual or group-based, demonstrating the above areas.
- Excellent communication skills with a friendly, helpful and positive demeanor.
- Work with the Technical Director, department leads and other programmers to design the game code and contribute to technical design documents.
- Collaborate closely with designers to test and refine game play features during the development process.
- Ensure all code is produced to the required standard and all TRCs are followed.
- Be proud of your code and test thoroughly to ensure that there are no bugs.
- Collaborate productively, communicating ideas and issues clearly across all disciplines.
- Work with the Development Director to break out tasks into clear and manageable chunks.
- Report progress to Technical Director and inform them of any implementation issues promptly.
- Take pride in producing a polished game for others to enjoy.
Please check out the Life at FuturLab page for all reasons why you’d love working here!
If you have the skills and experience and think that working by the seaside seems like a fantastic idea, then please email your latest CV, cover letter and examples of work to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that you must be able to demonstrate eligibility and a valid working visa to work in the United Kingdom and be willing to relocate / commute to the Brighton area.
- Competitive salary + performance related bonus.
- Generous pension scheme.
- Private healthcare.
- Weekly Pilates class.
- Relocation package.
- 28 days holiday + 2 duvet days.