Come and join the Futur!
Hot on the wheels of the release of Tiny Trax, FuturLab are looking for a senior programmer to join the team.
Joining us in our sunny seaside Brighton office, you will be working on an exciting new IP for PlayStation VR! You’ll need to proactively tackle a wide variety of programming tasks with enthusiasm and positivity.
FuturLab are in the unique position of having complete creative control of our own IP and the backing of a platform holder. This position is ideal for someone who is keen to have their ideas listened to, and will enjoy seeing their own work highly visible within a finished product. It’s essential that you are proactive and care about creating high quality and fun experiences.
- Excellent knowledge of C# and/or C++.
- Good working knowledge of Unity.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills.
- Demonstrative prior console experience.
- Experience of multiplayer gaming preferable.
- Ability to quickly familiarise yourself with an existing codebase.
- Experience with VR is desirable.
- Ability to effectively itemise tasks and assign realistic time scales to them.
- Excellent communication skills with a friendly, helpful and positive demeanor.
- Working knowledge of Agile Development/Hansoft a plus.
- Work with department leads and other programmers to design the game code and contribute to technical design documents.
- Work closely with the design team to collaborate on new gameplay ideas.
- Ensure all code is produced to the required standard and all TRCs are followed.
- Be proud of your code and test thoroughly to ensure that there are no bugs.
- Work with the Development Director to break out tasks into clear and manageable chunks.
- Deliver high quality code to that schedule.
- Collaborate productively, communicating ideas and issues clearly across all disciplines Report progress to Technical Director and inform them of any implementation issues promptly.
Please check out the Life at FuturLab page for all reasons why you’d love working here!
If you have the skills and experience and think that working by the seaside seems like a fantastic idea, then please email your latest CV and a cover letter along with examples of your work to email@example.com
Please note that you must be able to demonstrate eligibility and a valid working visa to work in the United Kingdom and be willing to relocate / commute to the Brighton area.
- Competitive salary + performance related bonus.
- Generous pension scheme.
- Private healthcare.
- Weekly Pilates class.
- Relocation package.
- 28 days holiday + 2 duvet days.