About Splash Damage
Splash Damage is an independently-owned studio on the outskirts of London, and we're all about crafting engaging multiplayer experiences. Our recent projects include our multiplayer shooter Dirty Bomb as well as Gears of War 4.
We're currently expanding our team for exciting new projects with our partner Wargaming, and are looking for superstars to help us make them happen.
We look after our staff with a comprehensive package of perks and benefits, and have been awarded The Sunday Times's Best Companies accreditation three years running. Come join us!
Looking for a talented VFX artist to help us build stunning effects for upcoming titles. We are looking for somebody with both technical and artistic skills to work with the team on exciting challenges. You will be responsible for the maintaining the visual quality of the game while collaborating with designers and programmers to ensure the game is fun and visually impressive.
- Create environmental and game-play visual effects to enrich both the world and the player's experience.
- Collaborate with the Art team to accentuate visual fidelity, designers to improve gameplay choices and programmers to maintain our performance requirements.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Strong understanding and application of timing, scale, composition and colour
- Great technical knowledge of 3D packages, texturing packages and game engines like Unreal
- Solid understanding of real-time VFX constraint
- Ability to adapt to new workflows and engine, suggest creative solutions to meet art and technical requirements.
- Effective communication, ability to receive and act upon feedback.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Strong knowledge of game development workflows, processes and tools
- Passion for military themes and history
- Preference for realistic art style
- Have worked on at least one commercially released titles as a VFX artist on a game title
- Passion for problem solving and pushing boundaries
Perks & Benefits
Alongside our brand-new headquarters, stocked up drinks fridge and a never-ending supply of coffee, all of our roles come complete with the following perks and benefits:
- Private medical insurance that will covers you, your partner, and children
- Private dental insurance that significantly reduces cost of dentistry for you, your partner, and children
- Pension scheme where the company matches your contribution
- Complimentary gym membership
- Free eye tests + discounted glasses
- Quarterly revenue share after 1 year of service
- Brand new state of the art office
- Life drawing classes, and massage allowance
- Free fruit juices and soft drinks + Beer and pastries on a Friday.
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Employee assistance program
- Referral fee
Find out more on our Perks & Benefits page.
Splash Damage offers a fun, friendly and relaxed working environment. Everyone here shares a passion for video games and that shows in daily office life. We also regularly get together for social events like pub quizzes, cinema nights, football, and company parties.
Find out more on our Culture page.