About Splash Damage
Splash Damage is an independently-owned studio on the outskirts of London, and we're all about crafting engaging multiplayer experiences. Our recent projects include our multiplayer shooter Dirty Bomb as well as Gears of War 4.
We're currently expanding our team for exciting new projects with our partner Wargaming, and are looking for Environment Artist superstars to help us make them happen.
We look after our staff with a comprehensive package of perks and benefits, and have been awarded The Sunday Times's Best Companies accreditation three years running. Come join us!
We are looking for a Senior Environment Artist to create worlds that are aesthetically beautiful and run well on our target spec.You should have meticulous attention to detail and be able to build authentic environments based on real-world reference materials. You'll also be using your passion for great art to regularly suggest and drive positive improvements to the game, both visually and as a whole.
Responsibilities at a Glance
- Create and maintain in-game environments assets
- Build worlds in collaboration with the art and level design team
- Maintain a balance between visual quality and performance requirements for real-time game application
- Participate in development of workflows and pipelines
- Demonstrate a collaborative, enthusiastic attitude towards games development and solving problems for the team
- Seek and action environment art feedback from Senior and Lead Artists
Essential Skills and Experience
- Highly skilled in art asset creation involving low and high-poly modelling, hard surface modelling, 2D texture creation and material authoring
- In-depth knowledge of 3D software, such as Maya & Z-Brush, and texture authoring packages, such as Photoshop & Substance Painter
- Experience with Unreal Engine, Cry Engine, Unity or other world building tools for real-time 3D
- Good scene composition skills
- At least one shipped title
- Excellent communication skills
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Passion for military themes and history
- A strong understanding of lighting principles
- Preference for realistic style
- Keen interest in areas of game development beyond the environment art discipline
Perks & Benefits
Alongside our brand-new headquarters, stocked up drinks fridge and a never-ending supply of coffee, all of our roles come complete with the following perks and benefits:
- Private medical insurance that will covers you, your partner, and children
- Private dental insurance that significantly reduces cost of dentistry for you, your partner, and children
- Pension scheme where the company matches your contribution
- Complimentary gym membership
- Free eye tests + discounted glasses
- Quarterly revenue share after 1 year of service
- Brand new state of the art office
- Life drawing classes, and massage allowance
- Free fruit juices and soft drinks + Beer and pastries on a Friday.
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Referral fee
Find out more on our Perks & Benefits page.
Splash Damage offers a fun, friendly and relaxed working environment. Everyone here shares a passion for video games and that shows in daily office life. We also regularly get together for social events like pub quizzes, cinema nights, football, and company parties.
Find out more on our Culture page.