About Splash Damage
Splash Damage is an independently-owned studio on the outskirts of London, and we're all about crafting engaging multiplayer experiences. Our recent projects include our multiplayer shooter Dirty Bomb as well as Gears of War 4.
We're currently expanding our team for exciting new projects with our partner Wargaming, and are looking for superstars to help us make them happen.
We look after our staff with a comprehensive package of perks and benefits, and have been awarded The Sunday Times's Best Companies accreditation three years running. Come join us!
As a 2D/UI Artist, you will be responsible for creating and polishing high quality art and illustration assets to be used throughout the game and more specifically in the user interface. You'll design and set up processes to produce icons, rewards, and other artwork to help achieve an immersive and rewarding experience for our players.
You should be able to take direction, and be comfortable researching and executing on different style types.
Responsibilities at a Glance
- Take artwork from concept to final assets
- Create various UI assets such as icons and rewards
- Design and set up scenes for in-game screenshots
- Pose models for asset generation and in-game elements
Required Skills and Experience
- 1+ years' experience in a graphic design or illustration role
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Able to communicate effectively
- Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Great eye for high level of detail
- Can adapt and create artwork in different styles
- Have a good sense of composition
- Must be eligible to work in the UK
Desired Skills and Experience
- Art-related degree
- Prior games industry experience
- Have a passion for games!
- Experience creating artwork in 3d Packages
- Be aware of UI best practices
Perks & Benefits
Alongside our brand-new headquarters, stocked up drinks fridge and a never-ending supply of coffee, all of our roles come complete with the following perks and benefits:
- Private medical insurance that will covers you, your partner, and children
- Private dental insurance that significantly reduces cost of dentistry for you, your partner, and children
- Pension scheme where the company matches your contribution
- Complimentary gym membership
- Free eye tests + discounted glasses
- Quarterly revenue share after 1 year of service
- Brand new state of the art office
- Life drawing classes, and massage allowance
- Free fruit juices and soft drinks + Beer and pastries on a Friday.
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Employee assistance program
- Referral fee
Find out more on our Perks & Benefits page.
Splash Damage offers a fun, friendly and relaxed working environment. Everyone here shares a passion for video games and that shows in daily office life. We also regularly get together for social events like pub quizzes, cinema nights, football, and company parties.
Find out more on our Culture page.