Position at SEGA European Head Office
SEGA is one of the leading interactive entertainment companies in the world, with our European HQ based in West London and our five world-class development studios spanning the UK, France and Canada. Known for quality and creativity above all else, our studios include Sports Interactive, Amplitude Studios, The Creative Assembly and Relic Entertainment.
At the heart of SEGA is our publishing team based at our European HQ, where we help the studios bring their creative vision to life. Here we have a talented team of Tech gurus, Sales extraordinaires, Marketing & PR wizards, QA champions and more.
Together, we drive the continued success and evolution of our Western business.
Working the SEGA way
Our leading benefits package is key to our people strategy at SEGA; we look for the best talent and in return we offer only the best benefits. These include life assurance, income protection, Private Healthcare and Dental Insurance schemes and an extremely competitive contributory pension scheme.
As well as the best benefits, we offer highly competitive salaries and a fantastic bonus scheme all of which ensure the team stay motivated and focused on the continued success of SEGA.
We all have a lot in common at SEGA. We enjoy being part of a lively, self-motivated group of people who thrive on passion and creativity in an exciting and ever-evolving industry.
We also like to enrich the lives of our employees. To help everyone relax and enjoy their time at SEGA, we offer everything from in-house massage therapy, office table tennis, a gaming area complete with retro arcade games and consoles to the latest technology, a video games library, daily fresh fruit, ice creams for hot summer days and flexible working hours to ensure everyone gets to have a life outside of the office!
There are regular social events, game nights, weekly football tournaments, regular boxing sessions, a running club and much more to ensure our staff enjoy life outside of work.
We are proud of the passionate, creative team we have built as well as the unique culture of the company. We hold regular lunch & learn sessions, product launch parties, company updates at the world-famous BAFTA theatre in Central London, an annual summer conference and themed fancy-dress Christmas party!
And that's just the tip of the iceberg.
Check out http://careers.sega.co.uk/ to find out why we are a workplace you'll never want to leave!
The primary objective of a Producer at SEGA Europe is to account manage and project manage both our internal and external studios to ensure that SEGA Europe Limited delivers quality product to its consumer base on time and on budget.
- Account manage development studios to build and maintain a successful relationship with SEGA Europe Limited
- Work closely with each development studio and define level of management and support required on a title-by-title, studio-by-studio, deal-by-deal basis
- To project manage each product ensuring a consistent approach for all SEGA Europe Limited products
- To report on progress of development internally and escalate issues as required
- To monitor and manage the P&L and cost infrastructure of products as required
- To produce research and help to run focus group for products or genres as required
- To work with legal and licensing on licensing requirements of products to ensure licenses are agreed and abided by through the product life cycle
- To act as a 'sales person' internally with sales and marketing departments, and promote the strengths of products from pre-production through product lifecycle
- Work closely with Marketing to position and create strategic direction for products from pre-production stages
- Work closely with Marketing through the product life cycle to ensure that all marketing requirements are planned and deliver in line with the product marketing strategy
- To be involved in the new products process and evaluate games submissions and concepts in commercial terms.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Proven ability with working on multiple titles at any given time
- Recent experience of multiplatform development
- Strong account management and project management skills
- 3-5 years experience in external games development including development of AAA titles
- Experience leading at least 3 multiplatform (not mobile) titles from concept to release
- Manage inline process - Presentations to senior management on the return on investment of new product
- Strong relationship building skills
- Good communication and problem solving skills
- Commercial and financial awareness
- Strong verbal and numeric reporting skills
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of key consumer groups within Europe
- Knowledge of competitor products and sales trends within the industry
- Ability to be visionary with the product, be creative and work closely with marketing on the positioning of titles
- Knowledge and experience of PC and console games development
- An ability to evaluate games from a commercial focus versus personal focus.
This job description is an accurate reflection of the duties and responsibilities of the post as at the time of writing but will be changed from time to time as the job is a career development job which will be adjusted according to the progress of the job holder. It does not form part of the contract of employment.