The role involves working across numerous disciplines, including the 3C’s (Character, Controls, Camera), animation, AI, and physics. Working on both the core systems and game-level behaviours, you must have both strong technical skills and a good awareness of modern gameplay techniques. You must also be comfortable working closely with the design and animation teams to understand their requirements and provide scalable and pragmatic solutions.
You will be joining the studio at an exciting time, as we scale up to develop an ambitious and groundbreaking open-world game. The role brings with it great scope for career growth and the satisfaction of making a significant personal contribution to a high-profile project. We believe in iterative development, and you will need to be comfortable working in a fluid environment with competing demands.
We also believe the best games are made by diverse teams, and we welcome and encourage applicants of all backgrounds.
• Support the gameplay team by providing technical solutions to their requirements.
• Work closely with dedicated animation, physics, AI, and network programmers.
• Help evaluate and integrate appropriate 3rd party solutions where appropriate.
• Strong C++ skills.
• Self-motivated and driven to creatively solve problems.
• Strong communication skills, and comfortable working across teams.
• Videogame programming experience on gameplay systems.
This full-time role is based in Edinburgh, Scotland.