User Interface Programmer
The role involves working closely with the user interface designer, gameplay programmers and scripters to develop and refine new UI features, ensuring that the UI system meets the unique demands of the game. You will be joining the studio at an exciting time, as we scale up to develop an ambitious and groundbreaking open-world game. The role brings with it great scope for career growth and the satisfaction of making a significant personal contribution to a high-profile project. We believe in iterative development, and you will need to be comfortable working in a fluid environment with competing demands. We also believe the best games are made by diverse teams, and we welcome and encourage applicants of all backgrounds.
• Develop and extend the UI system to meet the complex needs of the game, including evaluating and integrating 3rd party solutions where appropriate.
• Support the user interface designer and gameplay team by developing new UI features that are tailored to gameplay and aesthetic requirements.
• Write robust, flexible code that is optimized for our target platforms.
• Strong C++ skills.
• Keen eye for design.
• Self-motivated and driven to creatively solve problems.
• Strong communication skills, and comfortable working across teams
• Good understanding of interface conventions and knowledge of current tools and trends in UI development.
• Videogame UI programming experience, including having shipped at least one PC/console title.
This full-time role is based in Edinburgh, Scotland.