Lead Character Artist
We are looking for a Lead Character Artist to work on the recently announced video game Everywhere.
Rich and detailed characters are critical to our game, and this role involves working on all aspects of character design. You will have a large degree of creative autonomy, but will also need to work closely with technical artists and other teams to meet, and help define, strict technical requirements.
You will also be managing and mentoring other members of the character art team. We are recruiting for multiple positions, and welcome candidates with varied levels of experience.
You will be joining the studio at an exciting time, as we scale up to develop an ambitious and groundbreaking open-world game. The role brings with it great scope for career growth and the satisfaction of making a significant personal contribution to a high-profile project.
We believe in iterative development, and you will need to be comfortable working in a fluid environment with competing demands. We also believe the best games are made by diverse teams, and we welcome and encourage applicants of all backgrounds.
• Deliver the wide range of high quality character art required by the game.
• Work with game designers to understand the needs of the project, and with production to plan schedules.
• Work closely with technical artists and animators to define requirements and understand technical limitations.
• Manage and mentor other character artists.
• Expert knowledge of character design, including 3D modelling and texturing, with an understanding of rigging and skinning.
• Very strong artistic skills, with the ability to translate art direction into reality.
• Extensive experience with 3D modelling tools such as 3ds Max, Maya, or ZBrush, including having shipped at least one PC/console title
• Strong understanding of human form and anatomy.
• Strong communication skills, and comfortable working across multiple teams and managing staff.
This full-time role is based in Edinburgh, Scotland.