Sumo Digital is one of the UK's most prolific and secure independent game developers with a talented team of over 280 staff currently based in Sheffield. A second UK studio in Nottingham opened in 2016 and now has many fantastic new opportunities on the horizon.
Since our inception in 2003 we have had a string of successful titles across all gaming platforms for partners that include Microsoft, SEGA, Sony, Disney and many more.
Our most recent successes include Forza Horizon 2 (Xbox 360), LittleBigPlanet 3 (PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 3) and Disney Infinity 3.0 Toy Box Speedway (multi-platform) . We are also incredibly proud to be working on the highly anticipated Crackdown 3 (Xbox One) and Dead Island 2 (multi-platform ) plus several other exciting but currently unannounced projects.
Opening in March 2016, Sumo Digital's Nottingham studio has grown steadily, featuring highly experienced industry talent covering a wide range of disciplines. The studio's first full project is now well under way, with many more exciting opportunities also ahead.
2017 will be Sumo's biggest and best year ever. Come and be part of it.
Role and Purpose
We have openings for two 12 month fixed term contract QA Testers on an undisclosed AAA console project currently in pre-production
• Development QA from early design through to project closedown phase
• Creation, execution and upkeep of test cases and test scenarios
• Ownership and maintenance of bug workflows and processes
• Quality signoff for all builds ahead of milestone and first party submissions
• Creation of clear and concise bug descriptions, reproduction steps and build details
• Daily smoke tests on all target platforms
• Frequent review of relative bug priorities and severities with the Project Manager
• Provision of feedback and suggestions to the development team on how to improve game quality and experience
• Monitoring of project check-ins and direct liaison with the dev team to identify and track issues
• Constant review and improvement of QA best practices
• Coordination of test execution with publisher QA
Skills Experience and Qualifications
• A proven track record of full life cycle testing on successful completed games projects
• Console, PC and multi-platform testing experience
• Experienced video game player with the ability to familiarise with game-play elements rapidly
• Bug\defect tracking software experience such as JIRA, Hansoft, Bugzilla or TFS
• Excellent organizational skills
• Highly active team player with excellent written and spoken communication skills
• A passion for technology, entertainment and understanding of technical and creative concepts
• Desirable - Experience of working within an Agile development team
• Derisable - Experience of racing and karting games, with a strong passion for the genre
What We Offer
We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits and a generous holiday entitlement. The environment itself is relaxed, friendly and built upon the basis of every team member having ownership and a realisable input into the games we create.
We are proud to be located in Nottingham, just ten minutes' walk from Nottingham train station and with good access to the north and the south via the M1. Nottingham itself benefits from a wealth of attractions, including a diverse range of bars and restaurants, several art galleries and a wide variety of cultural events.
Highlights include the Theatre Royal, the Nottingham Contemporary art gallery, the National Video Game Arcade and the Motorpoint Arena Nottingham. The annual GameCity festival takes place throughout Nottingham city centre, celebrating the culture, innovation and creativity of video games and their development.
Please apply via the Apply Now button or click Email this job to a friend to refer someone you know.
For a confidential chat about this role please call our Recruitment Team on +44 (0)114 2426766.