Wooga's adventure studio is known for its high-quality visuals, as can be seen in games such as Agent Alice and Pearls Peril. Now, our very exciting June's Journey team require a Lead Artist. In this role, you will lead an enthusiastic and talented art team to consistently produce work to the high standard we have established.
An art lead in Wooga motivates and nurture their team, ensuring consistent delivery of value to our players. Some of your responsibilities include:
- Coordinating and mentoring our internal artists, as well as providing guidance and advice to our external teams.
- Providing high-level guidance on the art style and vision of the game.
- Ensuring that the style is consistent within the project while setting and communicating explicit expectations of the highest quality of work.
- Maintaining relationships and transparency with key stakeholders; writers, game designers, programmers etc.
- Being a hands-on part of the art team, producing and creating assets.
Who we are looking for
- Proven experience of creating game art for a published game, from conception to release.
- Strong portfolio demonstrating a high level of artistic and visual creativity.
- People management experience and practical knowledge of leading an internal team of 5+ artists.
- Great communication skills, you know how to mentor, engage and motivate your team, while ensuring constant knowledge exchange.
- Experience in collaboration with other functions of the company, like Product, Engineering, Design etc., as well as working with external teams.
Nice to have:
- Understanding of Unity, its' capabilities, and limitations
- Experience with animation and knowledge of 3D
- Academic background in an art-related medium
Wooga is an equal opportunities employer. We invite international candidates to apply, as well as monsters and unicorns. It is optional to include your photo, date of birth, and place of birth in your application.