Sumo Digital is one of the UK's most prolific and secure independent game developers with a talented team of over 280 staff currently based in Sheffield. A second UK studio in Nottingham opened in March 2016 and has rapidly grown to a 45 strong team with many fantastic new opportunities on the horizon.
Since our inception in 2003 we have had a string of successful titles across all gaming platforms for partners that include Microsoft, SEGA, Sony, Disney and many more.
Our most recent successes include Forza Horizon 2 (Xbox 360), LittleBigPlanet 3 (PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 3) , Disney Infinity 3.0 Toy Box Speedway (multi-platform) , and our first self-published title Snake Pass (multi-platform). We are also incredibly proud to be working on the highly anticipated Crackdown 3 (Xbox One) and Dead Island 2 (multi-platform) plus several other exciting but yet unannounced projects.
2017 will be Sumo's biggest and best year ever. Come and be part of it.
Role and Purpose
Reporting to the Development Director, the Project Planner will work with management, production and the development team to identify key project information and metrics, then deliver and run process to extract, collate, maintain and then objectively communicate relevant information to all stakeholders. The goal is to assure successful project delivery, measurably drive quality and increase efficiency by providing accurate and up to date project information.
- Develop, maintain, track and analyse project schedule and capacity information for all projects on the team
- Participate in and drive project planning sessions
- Maintain a project history, deliver reports, risk registers and own the project change process
- Liaise with senior staff to understand KPI requirements and deploy process to track and surface required information
- Analyse project information and highlight problems, escalate critical issues and develop scenario options and opportunities
- Enforce team processes that are critical for the success of the PM function
Skills Experience and Qualifications
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability
- Performed similar roles in the games, software or related industries
- Have a track record of successful completed projects
- Understanding of a wide range of project management concepts, tools and approaches and an ability to tailor their methods to meet the requirements of the team
- A passion for technology, entertainment and understand technical and creative concepts
- Open and flexible and have strong communication skills
- Dedicated and tenacious in the pursuit of success
- Degree level educated with strong maths ability
- Experience of one or more Project tracking tools; MS Project, Hansoft, Jira, TFS etc.
- An in depth working knowledge of Excel
- Exposure to Both Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Scrum Certification would be an advantage but not essential
What We Offer
We offer a super benefits package including generous holidays, flexitime and excellent employee benefits. Further perks include our legendary annual Sumo Big Day Out, plus epic Christmas parties, money on your birthday, on site free gym and free fruit for everyone! Our new, regular studio Game Jams are a highlight - staff spend a full day developing and pitching their own game ideas for possible development by Sumo.
Our environment is relaxed, friendly and built upon the basis of every team member having the opportunity to shine and have a realisable input into the games we create. We are a very happy ship with lots of incredibly nice people that partake in shared interest groups, lunchtime clubs, charity fundraising events and lots of socialising.
We are proud to be located in Sheffield, just off J34 of the M1 offering easy road and rail access from Leeds, Manchester and the Midlands. Sheffield itself enjoys wealth of facilities including world class sporting facilities, stunning theatres and galleries, shopping, restaurants and incredible parks and green spaces - all on the doorstep of the beautiful Peak District National Park. We love it here.
Please apply via the Apply Now button or click Email this job to a friend to refer someone you know.
For a confidential chat about this role please call our Recruitment Team on +44 (0)114 2426766.