We are now looking for a skilled Data Engineer to join our awesome Data Engineering team in Games Technology unit in Espoo, Finland.
Our Data Engineering team is responsible of collecting and processing the data from all Rovio games and services and 3rd party systems. Data is in the center of Rovio games and as Data Engineer you will be in the center of Rovio data. This means roughly several thousands of events per second, tens of billions of rows per day, terabytes of data and a breathtaking amount of happy players on daily basis. You will be working with a team of senior big data specialists to ensure that we provide top quality and up-to-date data for our internal and external game teams.
What you'll take under your wings
- Manage and develop our data collection pipeline, data storages and tools
- Support others as domain expert for analytics, machine learning, big data processing and Rovio data
- Drive implementation of internal and external profiling and reporting requirements utilizing big data technologies
- Research emerging big data and machine learning technologies around batch and stream processing
Ideally you have these feathers in your cap
- Master’s Degree or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience in the field of data systems development
- Big Data, including in depth knowledge of relational databases and data warehousing
- Machine learning: experience on delivering production grade end to end solutions considered as a huge advantage
- A good knowledge of Java, Python and SQL
- You are on good terms with agile methods involving Jira, GitHub, pull requests, planning and dailies
- Amazon Web Services, especially with Redshift, Athena, Presto, Spark, Hive and Flink
- Competence in Linux
- Excellent verbal and written English skills
- Passion for games!!!
We are looking for a teammate who enjoys spreading knowledge and fosters knowledge creation. You are a self-starter with excellent interpersonal skills!
You can be either a senior analytics professional already gained experience on the field or a young talent in the early stages of your career aiming to grow into the role.
What you get when you join us
- We will help you to grow and achieve your professional goals
- Our team is hands-on, open, collaborative and ambitious. And we do have fun together!
- You will get to work in a truly international environment: you will hear a number of languages in our workplace and can join a variety of activities that we come up with together
- Competitive benefits such as extended health care insurance, lunch and sport vouchers, a cell phone of our top models, a laptop you feel comfortable with, breakfast, gaming area, gym and sauna. And all the fruit you can eat!
Don't keep us waiting but send your application already today! Remember to include a CV and cover letter.