FRONT END DEVELOPER
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
As a Front End Developer, your main responsibility is the technical creation and delivery of a range of cross-platform digital work; from responsive websites and emails, to interactive artifacts. The role involves working closely with the Marketing and Online departments, other developers and creatives, both individually and as part of the Creative Services team.
Years of experience are not a prerequisite. Instead, it is all about your technical and development capability, and demonstrable experience. The types of projects you’ve worked on, your knowledge of emerging trends and the fundamentals of good development practice are key.
- A large part of the development lifecycle – from brief and pitch to development and build of a range of cross-platform technical work
- Working collaboratively with the Marketing team, other developers and creatives to deliver digital output of the highest quality, to meet a brief
- Staying on track with emerging development trends, attending events and engaging with the wider development community
- Articulating and presenting technical ideas / experiments to internal teams.
- An inquisitive, technical mind
- Ability to work flexibly as part of a small team
- An ability to work under pressure in a fast changing environment
- Strong communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Pro-active attitude
- Collaborative approach to work
- Willingness to give and receive feedback on work.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Experience in developing cutting-edge responsive websites and / or apps, and digital artifacts
- An exceptional portfolio showcasing innovative development concepts and technical solutions
- Basic understanding of PHP
- Proven understanding of version control systems (SVN), and task runners like Webpack / Gulp / Grunt
- High attention to detail and a consideration for implementing design as provided
- Knowledge of Apache and NGINX servers.
- Basic understanding of theming and administering Drupal 7 CMS
- Some knowledge of frontend frameworks such as Vue.js /ReactJS /Ember.js /Angular
- Knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite
- Amazon Web Services
- Basic usage of Linux / Bash / Powershell
- Basic usage of Docker.