Data Analyst - TT Games
We are seeking to recruit a Data Analyst on an initial 12 month fixed term contract. This position will be based in the TT Games Publishing team in Maidenhead.
The purpose of this role is to analyse behaviour in games services and work with development teams that produce the services and game content. Provide business leaders with accurate and relevant quantitative/qualitative data about our games and/or the games industry and competitors.
- Provide statistical analysis based on available player data, conduct exploratory analysis work to find interesting player behaviour trends and patterns, produce ad hoc/weekly/monthly reports detailing findings and help build visual dashboards or reporting tools that the development team can use for making decisions about their games’ performance, in order to review usage behaviour of new service features and help drive changes to both our game and game related services.
- To master applied analytics and data mining, including knowledge of the different theories, techniques and technologies.
- Develop decision-making tools and, more specifically, transform production stakeholder issues into operable quantitative assessments based on title sales and player behaviours.
- Determine the telemetric needs of the business units and translate these needs into elements that are compatible with the data collection technology.
- Follow up on data collection system integration with internal teams.
- Contribute to the development and enhancement of the data collection systems.
- Analyse, synthesise and interpret product and player data to determine observations and trends and make forecasts.
- Develop and implement tools, indicators and dashboards to provide strategic and operational support for productions.
- Research and develop statistical models to explain past player behaviours and forecast future ones.
- Collaborate with stakeholders (community managers, marketing, monetisation, production, technical operations) to support decision making and guide the studio’s strategic actions by providing quantitative logic for possible options.
- Draft reports and communicate data syntheses by highlighting priority information that is relevant to decision making.
- Develop action plans, work with teams to implement target recommendations and carry out follow ups.
- Mine current game data and user trends to inform the production of the next generation of products. Evaluate and quantify the effects of ongoing changes to games through statistical methods.
- Create new processes and automate, standardise and optimise existing ones.
Skills / Qualifications:
- Demonstrates a high standard of written and oral English.
- Undergraduate degree in a quantitative or related field (statistics, applied mathematics, operations research, business intelligence) or equivalent training or work experience.
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role or other relevant experience.
- Experience in the video game industry desirable.
- Extensive knowledge of data analysis tools, software and systems (e.g. SQL Server, R, Tableau).
- Expertise in drafting reports, creating figures and representing statistical data.
- Extensive knowledge of MS Office: Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work with large-scale databases.
- Proactive and autonomous.
- Ability to reconcile technical and business perspectives.
- Ability to develop and maintain good interdepartmental relations and communicate with colleagues at all levels.
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment.
- Ability to manage concurrent projects.
- A passion for games.
- Software prototyping and development skills (e.g. Python, Java, version control, unit testing, build and continuous deployment tools).
- Experience building supervised and unsupervised data models.
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases and working knowledge of SQL and data transformations.