We are looking for Experienced Level Designer for Rovio’s Match Studio. Depending on your skillset and experience this may be a Staff or Senior role.
Rovio’s Match Studio is the established and passionate team behind the successful Angry Birds Pop, Fruit Nibblers and newly launched and soaring Angry Birds Blast. In the studio we’re looking for the most talented and ambitious yet humble game development professionals on the planet to build the next big thing. We’re a flat organization where you’ll find openness, candid feedback and a shared ambition to succeed to be at the very core of our DNA as a studio. True to the Nordic culture we pride ourselves in real life/work balance and strongly support personal growth and hunger for learning.
How do you succeed as a Level Designer in the Match Studio? We believe strongly that content is king, and our level designers are a crucial piece of that puzzle. As a level designer you are responsible for crafting the definitive player touchpoint for our games. You will own the entirety of content design including delivering top-notch levels, concepting new gameplay elements and shaping level difficulty and progression all the while using data analysis to tune and perfect your work.
What you’ll take under your wings:
- Design and deliver level content in all its forms across the entire product lifecycle for social puzzle games.
- Use data and player feedback to continuously hone and maintain existing level content.
- Take full ownership your work, and have responsibility for all design details along the way.
- Work closely with other team members by collaborating on multiple aspects of the development process to ensure the game’s success.
We’d love it if you have these feathers in your cap:
- You have at least 4 years of experience designing game-changing puzzle experiences in such sub genres as match 3, bubble shooter, etc.
- You have a demonstrated track record of bringing impactful data driven changes to live products.
- You have the passion inside you to create the best content & player experiences the game industry has ever seen.
- You have strong level design skills as well as theoretical or practical knowledge of level design and core gameplay. You solve problems analytically, and use data to validate your intuition.
- Mechanics, rules, probabilities and aesthetics in level design are your specialty.
- You have the ability drive level design through each applicable stage of production: concept, wireframe, prototype, implementation, and refinement through to final sign-off.
- Reviewing games from player experience perspective and give constructive feedback to game teams to help to refine the best possible content experience is your passion.
- You are incredibly focused on top-quality and efficient content production.
You have experience in F2P games both as a designer and a player, you follow closely what is happening in the market, and are able to distill the best ideas to your own work.
We’re looking for team members who bring their own creative vision and passion into everything they do. If that describes you, this is a great opportunity to work in a fun and creative environment with skilled coworkers, contribute to a captivating new product, and expose your work to a global audience.
What you get when you join us:
- We give you the best support we can, we help you grow and achieve your professional goals.
- We do have fun! We are a family-like community that is hands-on, open, collaborative and ambitious.
- You will get to work in truly international environment: you will hear a number of languages in our workplace and can join a variety of activities that we come up with together.
- Great opportunity to work with top talent in the gaming industry!
- Competitive benefits such as a cell phone of our top models, a laptop you feel comfortable with, lunch and sport vouchers, breakfast, gaming area, gym, sauna and more.
Send your application over now - we look forward to hearing from you!