We are looking for a Big Data Engineer. The Business Intelligence team is responsible for integrating data from games, payment platforms and web tracking tools. On the basis of this information, we create and provide web reporting and analysis data marts using tools developed in-house for the various company departments.
Tasks to inspire:
• Work on a wide variety of challenging projects
• Conception and implementation of data platforms, creation processes and services as well as upwards scaling and distributed systems in the cloud, on premises or as a hybrid
• Implementation of projections of the analysis right up to roll-out
• Quality-driven software development according to modern development methodology
Qualifications to convince:
• Experience with big data technology such as Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Kafka, Cassandra
• Very good understanding of databases, modelling techniques and SQL
• Very good programming knowledge in Java, Scala or Python
• Confidence with version control systems such as GIT and SVN
• Knowledge of Linux-based systems preferable
• Structured, solution-oriented and independent way of working
• Excellent communication skills and a keen ability to cooperate with others
• A distinctly curious nature and a willingness to get to grips with new tools and technologies, as well as to work with existing code
A company to connect:
• An extensive on-boarding program with personal mentor
• The informality of a start-up combined with 10 years' experience in the industry.
• A challenging working environment offering opportunities for personal development and for contributing ideas
• The chance to mould your own working environment
• Benefit from colleagues with many years' experience in the industry
With more than 20 titles and over 450 million registered players, Gameforge is the leading provider of free-to-play massively multiplayer online games (MMOs) in the western hemisphere. Headquartered in Karlsruhe, Germany, the group offers its online games in more than 75 countries. The portfolio encompasses numerous well-known game industry brands, including client-based titles such as prized role-playing game AION Free-to-Play and TERA as well as Europe's most successful MMO, Metin2. In future, competitive RTS Dropzone and action-laden Anime MMORPG SoulWorker will add to the collection. Popular browser-based games such as OGame and Ikariam complete their offering.