Our client is one of Europe's leading game development companies. They started in 2000, and have pushed the boundaries of technical and artistic excellence in their games ever since. Recently, they released a new AAA IP to critical acclaim which has been defined as genre defining.
What you will do:
- In addition to sculpting, you will texture, shade, light and articulate. You’re broadly skilled and understand that character work does not end in zBrush.
- You will undertake a wide variety of challenges related to game characters. You want to be a video game character artist, and you’re not intimidated by the technical and often fiddly side of game character production.
- You will constantly push yourself to improve. You have drive and attitude, and see every task as another opportunity to learn.
- You will help the Principal Character Artist and Art Director with contractors/outsourcing, as required.
Who you are:
- You have some skill in every aspect of character creation, from start to finish. Specifically:
- You understand surfacing, can create fantastic textures and can author materials.
- You have an appreciation of rigging and articulation, including how topology can influence deformation.
- You know how to build game meshes that can exactly reproduce the source material, but which are light on resources and performance.
- You know your anatomy inside and out.
- You’re a great sculptor, who can work in any style – real or expressive, hard-surface or organic.
For more information about this excellent role contact Danny Blachford on +44 (0)1709 834777 or email email@example.com.