Expected contribution/overall description of the position
- Support technician expected to actively monitor for stability and performance in order to maintain 24x7 operations.
- Expected to ensures optimum access, performance, capacity and availability of deployed technologies and titles.
- Expected to follow established processes and procedures through resolution.
- Expected to maintain positive, productive and documented interactions with stakeholders.
- Expected to resolve issues in a timely manner, or followed through on.
- Actively monitor services for stability and performance.
- Track and repair our servers’ faults via JIRA and IBM service bench.
- Work with remote hands technicians at our server sites to bring a host back into service (paving hosts, restoring databases and troubleshoot network configurations).
- Ensure all drops and service alerts are investigated and reported within reasonable time frame.
- Follow established incident management protocol by sending incident notifications, incident reports and notifying on-call and management.
- Work trouble tickets effectively and efficiently interacting with on-call engineers to facilitate resolving service issues.
- Follows run books and completed basic troubleshooting.
- Participate in the transfer of information from one shift to the next.
- Document incidents with accuracy thoroughness. Review and where necessary update the tracking of problems in trouble-ticketing system.
- Good communicator who shares knowledge with the organization.
Does very little project work. Leads/managers may estimate discrete tasks for System administrators during project planning.
- Relevant Qualifiactions.
- Junior level IT experience working in a help desk or technical support team.
- Certifications (ITIL, Cisco, Linux, or Windows) Preferred.
- General knowledge of 1 or more scripting languages.
Job Type: Temporary